Rub-rail and nose protector, and KeelGuard?

Hi all

I am new to PWCs, and have just bought a 2009 FZR.

On my third trip out I hit the nose against the dock and took a slice out!

Do any of you have any recommended product to stick along the nose and back, etc, to protect it from further damage?

Is it also worth getting a KeelGuard, or are they NOT compatible with the FZS?

Cheers,
    Dave
    Australia

+1
    Do you have pictures? I did almost the same thing. I have a small bit of damage but its nothing i'm concerned with.

+1

keel guard

i used a keel guard on 2 skis, one was made in illinois, worked good as long as i had the ski 3-yrs. next ski used a keel guard made in utah, fell off after one summer, big mess to take off and would not refund my money, it had a 1 year warranty, now a use a product made by the goop makers company. it is called u coat it. it is a kevlar based 2 part mixed epoxy, great stuff, it is grey, mixed it and let it sit for 15-20 minutes so it would not run, put it where a keel guard would go, have beached it on gravel, sand, mud, nothing hurts it, plus it is 16 dollars compared to 100-120 for keel guard, it you can live with the grey color, my skis is black, hardly shows, that is what i would use, it seems indestructable.........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by graham View Post
    i used a keel guard on 2 skis, one was made in illinois, worked good as long as i had the ski 3-yrs. next ski used a keel guard made in utah, fell off after one summer, big mess to take off and would not refund my money, it had a 1 year warranty, now a use a product made by the goop makers company. it is called u coat it. it is a kevlar based 2 part mixed epoxy, great stuff, it is grey, mixed it and let it sit for 15-20 minutes so it would not run, put it where a keel guard would go, have beached it on gravel, sand, mud, nothing hurts it, plus it is 16 dollars compared to 100-120 for keel guard, it you can live with the grey color, my skis is black, hardly shows, that is what i would use, it seems indestructable.........
    Got a link for that product?

Thanks.

+1

u coat it

go to yahoo search, search goop products, i think it is on page 4-5, you will see it, u-coat-it, 2 part epoxy mix, one big can, one small can, it has worked great on my ski....plus it is cheap...by the way, i had alot left over and put it on the side railings on my pickup truck bed, you can beat that stuff with a hammer and it won't faze it. it like to cover my whole truck with it...... it was originally used for john boats in louisiana to run over stumps, rocks etc.......

+1

u coat it

if you use it on your ski let it start to dry some 15-20 minutes so it does not run or drip, i put mine where a keel guard would go, had to watch it at first so no drips, let it start to dry first.

Quote Originally Posted by graham View Post
    if you use it on your ski let it start to dry some 15-20 minutes so it does not run or drip, i put mine where a keel guard would go, had to watch it at first so no drips, let it start to dry first.

Hi graham

Does it have any impact on handling?

Cheers,
    Dave

+1

u coat it

i have not noticed a difference in handling....

Thread Information