what line to tap for boost gauge?

anyone know? pics would be best. thanks

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    There is a map sensor above the Valve cover on a silver mounting bracket, use a plastic tee and tap in there.

There's more to it than just adding a valve. Without gages your running blind and you still have to trick the ecu to not see your increase in boost. You may get it but I'd contact Mac or get Jim's Alpha kit depending on what you want to spend. They make life a lot easier. Makes a world of difference and no guess work. Even if you do get the increase, depending on the water temp you can't run it very long and hard with the stock IC .

Quote Originally Posted by spatera View Post
    There's more to it than just adding a valve. Without gages your running blind and you still have to trick the ecu to not see your increase in boost. You may get it but I'd contact Mac or get Jim's Alpha kit depending on what you want to spend. They make life a lot easier. Makes a world of difference and no guess work. Even if you do get the increase, depending on the water temp you can't run it very long and hard with the stock IC .
    all i remember asking was what line to tap for the boost gauge, what may i ask are you talking about?

i would like to put a boost gauge on my ski as well, so if anyone has done it please post pics.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by alfmoney View Post
    all i remember asking was what line to tap for the boost gauge, what may i ask are you talking about?

tee into where the MAP sensor is......its above the valve cover, black thing with a hose comming out mounted High on a bracket

Quote Originally Posted by alfmoney View Post
    Your right, you did say gauge and I read valve. Sorry about that but I'd still go with one of the two suggestions. It makes the ski way more fun. Of course one thing will lead to another.

The F-12X (and I assume the R-12X) has 2 MAP sensors, although Honda call the forward one a TCP sensor (Turbo Charged Pressure). The difference is, the forward one measures the pressure in the intake plenum on the outer side of the throttle butterflies, the rearward sensor measures intake runner pressure after the throttle butterflies.

I would tap a boost gauge into the forward mounted sensor that sits on the top of the inlet plenum chamber, not the one mounted at the rear almost over the rocker cover. The forward one incidentally is also the sensor into which you connect a macboost module.

Thread Information