Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lost rpms

+1

lost rpms

my rpms are way down, 6550 max. where could they be? i did a compresion check and got 120,120,119 so my compression is fine. im thinking my efi settings have to contribute some to it, but could i lose 500-600 rpms from bad efi settings? they are 3-5-1-5. any help is greatly appreciated.

+1
    not much on F/I but with search cam up with 6,7,2,8 ? you may have some help soon,I just have not had chance to tweek F/I system

later cd

+1
    i think i have come to a conlusion that it is a accumlation of things. I checked out my impeller and it was dinged up on all the leading edges, then on one trailing edge the last 1 inch was slanted up about 8 degrees. and my efi is not tuned properly.

+1
    6-6-2-9 / 6-6-1-9 / or 6-6-1-10

Try these and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT
    6-6-2-9 / 6-6-1-9 / or 6-6-1-10

Try these and see what happens.

John, John, John... has it been that long sense you messed with an EFI?

OK, from the list you have your EFI setting seem ok... Do you have a good baseline of where you were at before the loss? If so what was it and what did you change between then and now?

It sounds like you may have done a number of mods all at once. If that's the case what were they? With the list you have there, there's no reason you can't hit 7150 RMPs... The 14/20 will pull them down a bit over a stock prop, but your d-plate, air intake and EFI should get you back up there!

I have a feeling it's more then your EFI settings! When you put the D-plate on did you use any Yama-bond or gasget sealer? There's also a chance your IR jetworks kit needs tuning! If you have the FF and aren't dumping water at higher RPMs you will LOSE a chunk there!

Do you have pictures of the prop? I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about but that damage (worse case,) sound scary! That could be a big deal if you sucked up something big that deformed your prop. I'm sure you would have felt that!

Again, that's a BIG drop!

Also IF you have some of your stock parts you may want to think about going back to stock.

Put the stock prop back until you get the RMPs back. You don't want to damage your engine!

here's a good prop......
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...r/101_0199.jpg

+1
    i sent my impeller off to carl at island, i did put on ym d-plate,FF and power plenum this winter at once. then went to NY and had carl put on my jetworks, bought the efi there, then came home and never really got the settings right.
    I talked to carl today and when my impeller is fixed, im goign to head to NY and carl is putting on higher psi heads, then tune it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MDGPR
    i sent my impeller off to carl at island, i did put on ym d-plate,FF and power plenum this winter at once. then went to NY and had carl put on my jetworks, bought the efi there, then came home and never really got the settings right.
    I talked to carl today and when my impeller is fixed, im goign to head to NY and carl is putting on higher psi heads, then tune it all for me.
    You should really find the missing RMPs BEFORE you put the heads on! The more work you do the harder it will be to find issues!!!

+1
    i gave up on it, so im going to let island find them and get my rpms back up then once we have accomplished that they are going to put the new heads on.

+1
    rereading your earllier post, i didnt use any kind of sealant when i put the d-plate on. My FF was just a 4" diameter by 1 foot long tube so i coudlnt figure how it went in. i rigged it so that the stock exhaust tube(the one that is curled all around)went up and then 90'ed down towards the hull fitting, then i put in the ff then it went streight down to the 90 on the hull. It looks a mess. Could this be holding water in the exhaust?

+1
    make sure you dont have a small exhaust leak...i had left the water box clamp loose and ski ran like a dog..a whuped dog, till i took seat off and smelled exhaust..tightened it up and now im runing real good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information