Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO OVER ON THE YAMAHA SIDE.

Well as some of u know i have a 06 rxp. Well recently my buddie purchased a 2002 gp1200r. Ski is a nice looking ski. it had 62 hours on it and looks like it has been takin care of for having 4 years on it. the only problem we noticed was the trim lines were froze up. So we took care of that. I was wondering what this ski should be going as far as for being stock MPH. Also any tips or free mods we can do to this thing to make it quicker? Do u know of a good impeller, intake grate so on. I he would like to advance his hole shot plus not loose top end.We would like to try to keep this ski a reliable ski. Really dont want to start doing things to it to become a headace in the long run. We are not really using our skis to race just to enjoy the ocean for jumping and cruise and of course a little racing sometimes. any tips or ideas would be helpfull.

thanks,

Adam Bomb

+1
    Welcome!!

Re: JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO OVER ON THE YAMAHA SIDE.

350 Small block and a C pump from a berkly should get it over 90. But its a huge job shoving that motor in there.

Just stick with a solas 14-20, ride plate, sponsons, seal the pump, Riva FA's. Total loss flywheel if you got some time on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB
    Well as some of u know i have a 06 rxp. Well recently my buddie purchased a 2002 gp1200r. Ski is a nice looking ski. it had 62 hours on it and looks like it has been takin care of for having 4 years on it. the only problem we noticed was the trim lines were froze up. So we took care of that. I was wondering what this ski should be going as far as for being stock MPH. Also any tips or free mods we can do to this thing to make it quicker? Do u know of a good impeller, intake grate so on. I he would like to advance his hole shot plus not loose top end.We would like to try to keep this ski a reliable ski. Really dont want to start doing things to it to become a headace in the long run. We are not really using our skis to race just to enjoy the ocean for jumping and cruise and of course a little racing sometimes. any tips or ideas would be helpfull.

thanks,

Adam Bomb

+1
    Welcome to the Forum Adam Bomb

+1
    also i was wondering when he turns the ski off u hear a servo sound almost like fuel injection turning on. What is that from ? Sorry not really famillar with the yamahas at all used to the old rotax 580-650-951's. Was wondering also is the impeller install alsmot the same as u were to do on the old rotax motors just pull the pump and install. Do we have to do more then a impeller to balance everthing out.

Adam Bomb

Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB
    also i was wondering when he turns the ski off u hear a servo sound almost like fuel injection turning on. What is that from ? Sorry not really famillar with the yamahas at all used to the old rotax 580-650-951's. Was wondering also is the impeller install alsmot the same as u were to do on the old rotax motors just pull the pump and install. Do we have to do more then a impeller to balance everthing out.

Adam Bomb
    That is a servo motor going to your powervalves to cycle out back to the open position. They cycle one time when you shut the motor off, I think to clear any carbon off and to keep em free. Same thing happens on my RZ350.

Welcome to the Forum Adam Bomb

+1
    cool thanks. ill take picks tomorrow of the gp its got a nice seat jettrim cover
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	656102204_l_185.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	5786  

+1
    if you want more hole shot, or wave jumping quickness consider the jet works mod...5 boat lenghts gain on launch...works by keeping pipe dry at idle so when you hit the gas the motor doesnt have to push out al the extra water in water box

+1
    What Mick said...seal the pump shoe, prop, ride plate, intake grate, D-plate, sponsons, although the stepped stockers will work. That 14/20 and total loss system may be a little much tho. I have a few parts if you guys are ready. Shoot me a PM

Welcome over !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information