Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Time to do some mods

I have about 20 hours on my 07 250x and want to start with some mods. I only have the 2 degree wedge now. I was thinking for starters with the following, Riva exhaust, Riva fuel extender, R&D pulley (can i just buy just the pulley and call it good)?, R&D Intercooler kit (why is this $209 for a couple tee fitting and hose)? and lastly was looking into the timing mod 6 degree? Thanks for any feedback or thoughts on this

+1
    do the searches and you can do some of those mods yourself and far cheaper

+1
    don't do the pulley with out the right air to fuel ratio. can end in pain.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JET250 View Post
    don't do the pulley with out the right air to fuel ratio. can end in pain.
    You wouldn't know pain even if it had no vaso

Quote Originally Posted by steege's250x View Post
    I have about 20 hours on my 07 250x and want to start with some mods. I only have the 2 degree wedge now. I was thinking for starters with the following, Riva exhaust(loud but good), Riva fuel extender(its R&D not Riva and its good), R&D pulley (can i just buy just the pulley and call it good)?(very dangerous for inexperienced,seek profesional help,many dramas...), R&D Intercooler kit (why is this $209 for a couple tee fitting and hose)(stupidest part ever ,do a search many guys reroute water lines without making the hull swiss cheese)? and lastly was looking into the timing mod 6 degree(thats a must)? Thanks for any feedback or thoughts on this

List of part and actual real life pricing.....

6 degree Free or 1 Beer of time
    Intercooler. $55 and 4 Beer time
    Riva Exhuast. Do this when you pull the intercooler and $550 add 3 beers to Intercooler time. Do the Free Flow along with the Waterbox. Cost extra but a noticable change in excelleration.

Get the Riva plate or the R&D with R&D Wedge. Totla works out the same with both but R&D has the wedge that you can remove if you loose too much hook up. $325 and 2 beers time

Under a grand and a Saterday with a 12 pack. Thats if you drink responsibly. You can expect a average of a 4mph gain with this combo.

Look at your prop too. This beast is heavy with alot of torque. They like to tear up props. It may look good but you need to find out if your prop is still tunned properly. Best if your going to spend the money on mods that you spend alittle extra and send your whole pump into Impros.com. Tell em hook it up and change the bearing along with a prop tunning.

Thats a big beer belly

Oh, and bring some dog treats...for two.

Anyone know if Impros (Dave) is on vacation been trying to reach them for a week or so now...need my pumps...spring is in the air.

Thanks everyone for all of this good info and talking me out of doing the 1-1 pulley. Looks like i will do 6° timing, intercooler reroute, and Riva exhaust. See where I am, and go from there.

One question is there a good link to the intercooler reroute I have looked at the Intercooler Mod without drilling holes on 250xtech.com forum. Wow that is so complicated IMO? As soon as I read through all 18 pages I just confuse myself more and more. Is there a clearer post I'm missing? Thanks again guys, I will post pictures of all this as I finish. I'm in Colorado so not exactly riding weather yet but I will post a baseline and results.

+1
    I read and i just cant get it.
    Is there a verdict on the rerouting mod?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information