Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Toy 785

New Toy 785

Hey just bought myself a 97 785 pro , have been into ski,s for a long time . Have a few questions . The ski came in bits and am putting it back together, Pistons seized on all three . The thing i can,t work out is , the arrow on the piston is suppose to face the exhaust port , but these pistons the arrow faces @ 90 dgrees from where it,s suppose to be . Is this correct ? . ALso ski came withe 44 mikuni carbs are these stock . Only had it a couple of days , but can,t wait to get it back together .All help is appreciated Thanks guys , great site

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mickmang View Post
    Hey just bought myself a 97 785 pro , have been into ski,s for a long time . Have a few questions . The ski came in bits and am putting it back together, Pistons seized on all three . The thing i can,t work out is , the arrow on the piston is suppose to face the exhaust port , but these pistons the arrow faces @ 90 dgrees from where it,s suppose to be . Is this correct ? . ALso ski came withe 44 mikuni carbs are these stock . Only had it a couple of days , but can,t wait to get it back together .All help is appreciated Thanks guys , great site

Hi and welcome as far as the arrow on the piston goes it faces to the front of the motor and yes they come with 44's stock .
    Post some pics

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk Mick! You can find manuals and parts list >here<
    Lets see some pics of your ride.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk Mick.

All 3 pistons seized sounds odd. Are you sure it's not the crank or jet pump that's seized, and not allowing thje pistons to move?

Those cyls are NIKASIL coated and I hope they aren't damaged.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies . When i say seized , i meant to say, have marks up and down the skirts of all pistons , looks like one barrell has been resleeved and the other 2 should hone up ok . Am having trouble finding pistons , one company told me they are unobtainable and the other said that the bore is the same as a 750 , 69.72 mm . Does anyone know if this is correct .? Also head looks to have been chewed up at some point . Do you guys know what brands made after market parts for these things , as am thinking of a new cylinder head . Thanks again Mick

+1
    Yes the 750 piston is the same size and will work. The 785 pistons have keystone rings and the 750 standard. The cylinders are nik coated and not sleeved unless someone sleeved them. Measure the bore and report your findings.

+1
    I would recommend you get in touch with Randy at Watcon. He is the MAN when it concerns the 785.

Thanks < bore is standard @69.72mm . Can you tell me what keystone rings are ? . One jug has a resleeve and the other 2 Nikasil . Will these 750 pistons and rings work ok . They seem to be well priced on ebay , anyone had any experience with these . I am in Australia so parts down here and info is a little harder to come across . Thanks guys

+1
    Keystone rings are beveled on one side. Watcon ships world wide.

BTW Update your profile so we know more about you. Location, rides and such.

+1
    Yes 750 piston and rings will work.. I would not run one sleeved cylinder and two Nik on the same engine..

Keystone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information