Thread: Kawasaki Wet Pump Mod
03-06-2009, 07:57 PM #1
Kawasaki Wet Pump Mod
aight, to convert your grease lubricated pump to oil lubrication is pretty simple. This is also a perfect time to do a pump rebuild kit of you have about 100 hrs on your craft.
Things you'll need: Impeller tool, torque wrench, 1 QT Belray 80-90 Wt gear lube, metric allen wrenches, assorted flat head screwdrivers.
- Pull the pump and impeller
- disassemble the pump (pull the tail cone and shaft) use flat heads to pry off tail cone
- CAREFULLY remove the seals and bearings, and mark what way you took the bearings out.
- with the bearings out, remove the dust shield on each bearing that faces towards the inside of the pump.
- Reinstall bearings and seals making sure to pack grease between seals
- get the pump shaft close and ready to install for next step
- Using your finger, plug the hole in the middle of the seals and fill the area between the seals and the first bearing with oil and quickly insert the pump shaft.
- Get the impeller on, fill the hub cavity 90% full of the gear oil and reassemble the rest.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By RonJon in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 3Last Post: 07-18-2010, 04:08 PM
By nevrfastenuf in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 4Last Post: 03-24-2010, 11:58 PM
By AndyL in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-10-2009, 02:14 PM
By Chowski in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 19Last Post: 03-06-2009, 08:04 PM
By Region8Ultra250X in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 1Last Post: 03-12-2008, 06:44 PM