Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1200R Powervalve question

Does anybody know if the 3 powervalves are suppose to move without the black plastic link connected between the shafts of each powervalve? This is the piece that is located on the outside of the powervalve housing. I noticed this piece fell off and the front powervalve does not move without this piece.

In other words is my powervalve bad or do i just need the black plastic piece with rubber boot connected to the other 2.

Thanks

+1
    They are linked by the coupler. Look into waveeater couplers or RPM style.

http://www.waveeaterproducts.com/

so if a coupler is missing in between the 2 shafts of each powervalve....will that powervalve not operate? Or is do they turn regardless of each other.

+1
    They are turned by a servo motor via cables during normal operation, they have to be linked with couplers to work properly. They may move with exhaust pressure if not connected, but it would be erratic. I have RPM couplers for sale if you need some.

SBT told me that my powervalve was bad if it did not move without the coupler. They said that all 3 should move regardless if the coupler is attached when you hit the start button. Is this not so?

Darn, I just purchased from wave eater with paypal and tried to cancel thru paypal but did not see an option.

+1
    yes they will move by hand but under normal running conditons there is no way for them to move unless linked.

Well, I am wondering should they move when you hit the start button without them being linked? I am trying to figure out if powervalve is bad. The other back two move that are linked but I lost the link to connect the front powervalve and it does not move. Thanks

+1
    take a screw driver and put it in the linked part of the shaft and turn it slightly up and down. It should be fine. Its not going to move anyway other then by hand without the link there.

okay, so the powervalve is not necessarily bad if it does not move with out the link connected?? SBT said that if it does not move without the link connected, then the powervalve is bad. It is a brand new SBT motor.

THE POWERVALVE WILL NOT MOVE WITHOUT THE COUPLER ATTACHED, THE COUPLER IS WHAT MOVES IT, is that clear enough? SBT is wrong. What SBT meant is that you should be able to move the powervalve without the coupler attached which is correct.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information