Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

No gauges at all/ HOW TO FIX GAUGES TO WORK

2000 xp l with no gauges at all has anyone had this issue at all and how to fix
    Last edited by cdcats; 03-13-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: found out how to fixx it

I have a 98 GSXL with same issue runs great no gauges it is my MPEM causing it

+1
    I too have seen this 2 other times-- in both instances the machine's MPEMs were the problem.

Yes all sorted now have spoken with gold coast sea doo and James told me its the MPEM, its the acc switch that has failed.
    What you need to do is bypass it with a 10 amp fuse from the battery or from another acc out of MPEM to the back of the gauges with a switch to turn them on and off unless you hook into the MPEM wiring somewhere, l have just run a switch in the front storage and now it is all back to normal.

Let me know if you to want to do this as l will look up the wire colour and which one again.

Wow that is some good info I didnt realize I can fix that with a power wire from somewhere else. THe other thing is the power trim doesnt work if that fails so I was wondering what wire out of the MPEM is dead? Can I power to that wire and get all of my guages and trim to work? I wouldnt have to buy a new MPEM that way. The thing runs great just no power trim and guages.

Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    Wow that is some good info I didnt realize I can fix that with a power wire from somewhere else. THe other thing is the power trim doesnt work if that fails so I was wondering what wire out of the MPEM is dead? Can I power to that wire and get all of my guages and trim to work? I wouldnt have to buy a new MPEM that way. The thing runs great just no power trim and guages.
    Yes l had no gauges and no trim l have fixed all this by doing what l did

Dude you rock you saved me from buying a 350 used MPEM can you check on which wire it is coming out of the MPEM I need to power. Does anyone know of another ACC power wire. I would rather not do the switch with power from the battery, but I will if I have to

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    Dude you rock you saved me from buying a 350 used MPEM can you check on which wire it is coming out of the MPEM I need to power. Does anyone know of another ACC power wire. I would rather not do the switch with power from the battery, but I will if I have to
    Before you go powering other mpem wires please use a multi-meter and a wiring diagram,as you could easily fry other portions of mpem,If you are not good with electric wiring and reading schematics just cut the power wire going to gauges from mpem and wire a direct with switch wire from positive source.Instead of saving money you can quickly cost yourself ,by not heeding this advice.JMHO>Marvin

I understand and agree. I thought I could cut the wire and find a live key on or running source to power all of the other things I worked on cars for 8 years for GM, but I suppose its not really the same thing dealing with something liek this.

Exclamation

You must use a weather proof/waterproof fuse holder near battery l then used 15amp wire from there up the left side of ski to engine area then up though the engine hatch to back of gauges, there you will find the buzzer wire as in the picture cutting the purple-tan wire then joining the two wires to the switch, not hard at all, l have mounted my switch in my top luggage section BUT SIDEWAYS NOT UP AND DOWN for the reasons of my smokes etc turning the switch off, but you can always lean over and turn it back on anyway.ALSO IT WOULD BE A PAIN IF THE SWITCH WAS UNDER THE COWLING IN ENGINE BAY, AS IN TO ACCESS THE SWITCH WHEN YOU PULL UP FOR 10MINS OR SO.

Also it is important to use water proof connections and if you want the added security l also put shirnk wrap over the top of all my water proof connections.

After you have done all this switch on and see your gauges and trim should work, you then put your dess key on and you also get the beeps.

IMPORTANT STEP HERE
    STEP 1:With switch on and key on start ski and pull dess key out to make shore ski stops.
    STEP 2:With key on switch off start key and pull key out to make shore ski stops
    STEP 3:With key on switch on start ski turn switch of(ski should stay running)then pull key to make shore ski stops.

After you have double checked everything spray over all your connections and terminal with what ever spray you guys use over there l use ELECTRA SHEILD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sea doo mod.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	120988  
    Last edited by cdcats; 03-13-2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: MORE INFO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information