Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ultra vs. Yami FZR

Guys,I saw 09 FZR on the bout show last night..It looks great less weight and what more it has??..i love my Ultra..a friend of mine trying to convenes me to get x260 or get FZR..what do you think about FZR performance comparing to our Ultras..I'm open sea rider and i love acceleration with great top speed and handling

Quote Originally Posted by sportman View Post
    Guys,I saw 09 FZR on the bout show last night..It looks great less weight and what more it has??..i love my Ultra..a friend of mine trying to convenes me to get x260 or get FZR..what do you think about FZR performance comparing to our Ultras..I'm open sea rider and i love acceleration with great top speed and handling
    why would you get a 260x when you already have the 250x . Just mod the ski you already have. It seems a little slow gps wise.

If you ride in ocean stick with the 250/260x platform. Alot better hook up and will probably out run faster ski.

David

is ultra much faster that FZR? what about acceleration?

I was a huge yamaha guy until I bought my Ultra 250. One of the local yamaha dealers had an FZR at a boat show my dad and I went to. There is no comparison in looks between teh FZR and Ultra 250x. The FZR was butt ugly imo.

Yamaha would get me back in a second if they dropped the SHO motor in the GP1300 hull.

+1
    I've ridden both skis. The Ultra is still king of mega rough stuff, but the FZR is sniffing it's butt . FZR is faster from top to bottom and despite the size of it's hull the steering is very quick and more playful. Oddly enough the FZR felt very similar to the Ultra in a way, just a smaller more sporty version. I really think you Ultra guys will love it!!!

It looked to handle the chop real good at the MH300. Macc was riding the FZ(insert letter here), and was in 3rd after 10 gureling miles. He stayed that way for another 40 miles (50 miles of NASTY CHOP)… Only guys ahead of him were 2 Ultra 250x's piloted by Warner, and Farthing. So…IMO.. The Yammi is gonna be as fast or better in rough water than RXT/P, but maybe SLIGHTLY slower than the Ultra.. If the water calms down a lil bit… Ultra's better watch out! I've been impressed with the Yammi's since last year! They seem to hold their own, that’s for sure.

(results may vary, as rider is ALWAYS going to be the one that will determine how a craft is handled in the chop)

Does the less weight of FZR helps handling the chop? what about the top speed..I ride GP1300 and i do not like the way it handle in chop water..no way Ultra was much better RXP tried it once it was the worst af all in my opinion in chop sea..now i'm not sure how FRZ do,..lie to hear more from who really had Ultra and test FZR

i just got back from my yamaha dealer. i can get the fzs (same as fzr just bigger seat) for $1000. more than the brand new 09 ultra 260x. i still dont know which one to buy. they both have about the same top speed and acceleration. the yamaha seems to be built a little better(more stainless hardware) and seems to be lighter than the 260x. anyone please chime in with experience with either ski as iam buying soon and cant make up my mind!

If you plan to mod the ski I would go with the yamaha...that engine is detuned big time....also doesnt it get better gas then the ultra?? And it uses regular fuel...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information