Thread: new buyer!

roleary

new buyer!

I just bought my first pwc. its a 2008 kawasaki ultra 250x and i was wondering what were some simple modifications to boost performance w/o getting too crazy or expensive

Welcome to the Green Hulk!!

Quote Originally Posted by roleary View Post
    I just bought my first pwc. its a 2008 kawasaki ultra 250x and i was wondering what were some simple modifications to boost performance w/o getting too crazy or expensive
    Do a search, info is abound, look at skips project page it is full of great tips. Hope you enjoy and welcome aboard.

+1
    I, too, just purchased a new one a few weeks ago but have yet to ride it let alone see it It's still in the crate.
    And welcome.

You will probably get more info at the 250 forum vs. here--lots of good info over there.

+1
    Welcome, roleary!

Not trying to sound disrespectful, but may I suggest that you spend some time learning to ride it before modding it? The Ultra is a pretty fast machine right out of the box, not one I'd recommend for a first 'Ski.

Make sure you read up on proper way to flush the engine, maintenance, etc., too!

+1
    I'm with Steve, why, unless you are planing to race, would you mod a ski that is still under warranty. The 250 is wicked fast for normal riders

Quote Originally Posted by seaobin View Post
    I'm with Steve, why, unless you are planing to race, would you mod a ski that is still under warranty. The 250 is wicked fast for normal riders
    Welcome to the Hulk! Welcome to 250x ownership! Its an awsome machince, and a powerful one! I would agree with the guys above. Learn to ride it before you mod it. Learn maintenance on the ski. Several pics have come up lately, involving rusted pulley's and what not. Proper maintenance will insure you stay ON the water, not in the shop, and a smaller pocketbook. One mod I kinda like are Lifter wedges. Read up on them. They come with a disclaimer as well. Due to possible foot injury. Good Luck..

roleary
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Welcome, roleary!

Not trying to sound disrespectful, but may I suggest that you spend some time learning to ride it before modding it? The Ultra is a pretty fast machine right out of the box, not one I'd recommend for a first 'Ski.

Make sure you read up on proper way to flush the engine, maintenance, etc., too!
    I certainly appreciate the concern, i have been riding for quite some time (about 5 or 6 years), however i am to new to this particular model. Just dont know to much about the 250x. thank you again for your concern

Thread Information