Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 04gp1300r

04gp1300r

Hi,guys!
    First of all id like to say hi as im new to this site,its a credit to all of you!
    Im from ireland and im looking to buy the gp1300 (04).Im looking at one at the moment and im looking for all your advice on what to look for.It has 90hrs on it http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/843996, one a 03 .http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/866521
    What do ye think would be the best option and what to look for on it?
    And finally what sort of hours would you be looking to rebuild at and at what cost?

Looking forward to your replys
    Simon

Hi, the 1st thing I'd look at is how much compression the ski has and the condition of the ski!

ski is 100% what should compression be? and 10% tolorence across max difference i think is it? do you recken 90hrs or under is too much hours?

Quote Originally Posted by 1400gprmike View Post
    Hi, the 1st thing I'd look at is how much compression the ski has and the condition of the ski!
    +1

the 03 looks cleaner than the 04 to me less hours & $$ too.

This might help you out.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71862

Wink

cheers lads,do you consider them to be high hours or are they low enough? would i be right sayin that compression should read 150psi?
    cheers again guys

90 hrs is about average, stock compression should be about 120 psi, so at about 90 hrs of use your looking at aroud 110-120 psi, depending on how hard it ran. 150 psi is aftermarket.

perfect thanks,anything else to look for?im new to this so ill need a bit of help to get goin,i know a bit about engines and the rest its just the most (expensive)things to look for...

+1
    There is something to check if you ever buy it. at 90hrs you better check all the oil line connection, remove catalytic conv and install dplate and wave eater powervalve kit

If you had of posted you where looking a ski a week earlier mate i could have got you details of a guy selling an 06 gpr with 26 hours for 4500 euro Needless to say it didnt sit long.

Those skis you are looking at seem well overpriced I wouldnt worry about the hours as long as the ski has been looked after and you will be able to tell by looking under the seat ie corrosion.

i finaly got one,compression was perfect and was only ever in fresh water.it is in prestine condition and im well happy.Cant wait to get out on it for the summer but want to give it the full treatment before i do for my peace of mind you know....

does anyoene have wave eater power valve clips for sale? and willing to post to ireland?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information