Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXT, RXT-X riders?'s

Well I test my ski this weekend with new mods installed. List= all from Riva, Airfilter, Freeflow, Prop 15/22, Intake, Sponsons, OPAS pro block offs. On the speed side didn't really notice any change. The handling may have gotten slightly worse. We had set up a small cc track, it was a little rough out and i just could not get the ski to turn a bouy very well. Maybe its just because its a three seater and my past experience is been on a two seater. Had the riva sponsons adjusted all the way down. The 15F Kawasaki at my lunch all day on handling. Also someone said that might be too much prop right now, maybe ok with more mods. One more thing the steering is high is anybody doing anything to lower it?
    Thanks for any ideas......

+1
    Was that with the trim all the way down keeping the nose planted? I havent run a bouy course with my RXT yet, but we were running some very tight course mangrove trails and at a U turn my ski went straight rather than turning, not fun. That was before I added VTS though. Now that I have added VTS it turns so much better. You could also get the adjustable VTS rod and adjust it so it turns your nozzle down even further for the closed course riding or purchase the auto drop nozzle. I have also heard for closed course riding the stock sponsons work better because of the hook they have in the back of them keeps the nose planted more alowing it to turn better. You may want to try that out and see what the difference is. Just some different options to think about.

Dropped stock sponsons are said to be one of the best set-ups for CC. Everybody in the british champs runs stock dropped sponsons.

What do you mean by dropped stock sponsons?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by T5Racing View Post
    What do you mean by dropped stock sponsons?
    Drop the mounting holes 20mm, thus dropping the sponson 20mm on the hull.

You mean relocating the hole on the sponsons right? You don't mean moving the studs on the hull?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Drop the mounting holes 20mm, thus dropping the sponson 20mm on the hull.
    Yup, thats the magic number.
    Great for CC racing, but I hear it is not good for straight runs. You will be pitched. So set your ski up for the riding you do.
    I saw several posts on this and was thinking of how I could set mine up for either option depending on what type of riding I was going to do for that day. Sponsons are easily to change out, but you would need double hole setup.

+1
    You mean relocating the hole on the sponsons right? You don't mean moving the studs on the hull?
    Yes, relocating the studs in the hull.

+1
    Well I test my ski this weekend with new mods installed. List= all from Riva, Airfilter, Freeflow, Prop 15/22, Intake, Sponsons, OPAS pro block offs. On the speed side didn't really notice any change. The handling may have gotten slightly worse. We had set up a small cc track, it was a little rough out and i just could not get the ski to turn a bouy very well. Maybe its just because its a three seater and my past experience is been on a two seater. Had the riva sponsons adjusted all the way down. The 15F Kawasaki at my lunch all day on handling. Also someone said that might be too much prop right now, maybe ok with more mods. One more thing the steering is high is anybody doing anything to lower it?
    Thanks for any ideas......
    I dont race or run cc but I have tested most all intake grates on T-X.
    I would think that the riva would be one of the worse as to staying hooked up and turning arround bouys. I may be wrong but I would test some other grates.

I know of some guys racing T-X here in Texas and there running R and D. I did not like the R and D due to the prop spin or cavitation out of the hole but i here does very well on bouys. The worx is my favorite intake grate on T-X for my style of ridding when water is rougher.
    R and D is releasing a new intake grate supposely setup for the CC type ridder.

used one for sale?

Well does anyone have any grates for sale for an 08 RXT-X. It seems like a lot of people have tried different ones, so maybe there are some good used ones for sale.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information