Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The next best thing to a pat on the Back RXTUSMC's Avatar

RXT Finger Throttle It's on..

On Friday I came home from work happy to see my new Riva Racing Finger Throttle sitting by the front door ďUPS you deliver.Ē Thank god because after eight days of waiting itís about time. So I open the box every thing is accounted for. But no time to get under way itís time to take my daughter to soccer practice. So after what seemed like for ever 2 hour practice I get home and get started. I must say that the instructions that came with the kit are very good. So I take off the old grips it helped to pull up a graph of the handle bars with all the parts so I knew what I was doing as I pulled them off. So I get the thumb throttle off and put the new one on not as pretty as the old one but with a little bit of handy work from the file and the dermal, she was fitting like a glove in no time.
    So I get everything in place make my pen marks for location and Iím ready to drill my hole for the TAP.Ē Things are going too smooth ď.
    ďMurphyís Law ďNow I can only speak for myself and the 2008 RXT. The set screw that you are going to use is the same one as you took off the thumb throttle... Guess what the drill bit and Tap that come with the kit are too small. (Wrong Size) But I donít know this until I drill and tap the hole. So I file off everything get it nice and smooth and test the threads with the set screw but I canít get it started AHHHHHHHH itís the wrong size. So now what I take the new throttle and try to put the screw in the throttle body itís too big. AHHHHHHH crap. I think no big deal I can drill it out ok problem solved. So itís now 20:45 or 8:45 pm., for those of you who donít run on military time like my wife LOL. So I jump in the jeep and itís 0ff to Home Depot. 15 minutes till closing. I get to the door just as the girl is locking it. So I give her the sad puppy dog face look and she lets me in. So we find out the Tap that came with the kit is 5mm .75 and I need a 6mm. TAP the drill bit that came in the kit was un marked but I need a 6mm 100 tap and a 13/64 drill bit. No problem Iíve got that. So home I go, very gently Re drill the hole because I donít have a lot of wiggle room re drill and tap the hole for the handle bar and throttle body tap that also. Hook up the throttle slide every thing into place put some blue lock tight on and BANG, BANG, she is almost done.

Hold the phone not yet in the kit they sent to plastic spacers for the handle bars one was 1ľ. inches the other ĺ inch Iím thinking why in the @#$% are they different thatís odd. So I put the extensions on very simple to do so simple there are no instructions for it. Then put the grips on the right and left bar sure enough the space is 1ľ. I put the full size spacer on the on the right bar with a perfect fit. Then the grips. IMPORANT you re use your old GRIPS or NEW SEA DOO grips because when you pull them off you have that three prong washer to dolt them on so the grips lock in place and wonít turn. Well guess what AHHHHH now the bolt is too short to work on the three prong washer. The one you have is a 10mm 20 1ľ inch you now need a 10mm 40 1Ĺ inch and it needs to be a rust proof bolt. So I ran out the next morning and got those.
    But the last problem was when I put the left grip with the ĺ inch spacer on I still had a Ĺ inch gap.
    Trust me, ďwatching me through a temper tantrum is NOT a pretty siteĒ. Have you ever seen a 255lbs retired Marine Drill Instructor become upset ďnot good.Ē So I took an old grip the dermal and some handy work and made a Ĺ inch cover. Slid the grip on and she was all done. Now for the final test, with the 1ĺ inch extension grips on each side would the cover still fit? Something I asked people before I ordered the throttle but no one gave me an answer. Well here it is thank god yes it still fits but itís tight like a Frogs butt. How tight is that you ask? Water tight. Now itís all done time to go test her out on the water, No wait itís time for my daughtersí soccer game. So off to her game I go they win. So then itís off to a pizza party. AHHHHHHHH all I want to do is put the sled in the water and ride Iím dying like a little kid who wantsí to go out and play but itís raining. This will have to wait till Sunday.

Sunday morning comes finally comes but hey itís day light savings so an extra hour of darkness in the morning more wait time, Iím up and ready at the crack of dawn all systems go. I hit the launch at Camp Pendleton a quick troll out I get past the No wake zone and crack the throttle sheís running like a dream. I hit open Ocean and turn North to Dana Point look down and Iím running 68mph and nothing but open water ahead. The rest is pure joy.

1* Degree North
    Cowards wonít come and the weak will die.

+1
    Just a little word of advise..Check your throttle plate for WOT..I have done 4 of these kits on RXPs And RXTs and every one i had to re-adjust the throttle cable to get WOT...

Thanks

What am i looking for here? The run I did on Sunday was just over 30 miles and I had no problems at all.

+1
    Are your RPMS still the same at WOT??If so you may be OK..If not then here is a how to on adjusting your throttle..

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14293

Same Same

Thanks for the info I will keep an eye on it.

"Sir I did'nt make the snow balls I just through them.

RXTUSMC
    Cowards won't show and the weak will die

+1
    sounds like quite the adventure....glad it all worked out for ya!!

+1
    The stock cover won't fit with the finger throttles, right? I want to do one on mine, but not if the stock cover won't fit.

Two pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0209.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	120383

Name:	IMG_0210.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	120384

I don't know if this is going to work.

It fits hold on i will show you

Ajurnke It fits hold on I will show you.

Snug fit

Name:	IMG_0216.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	120399http://[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information