Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rumors !!! Seagoat vs jonboat ?

Somebody saw Seagoat tangle with a local hillbilly in a 18 ft jon boat with a yamy 150 v-max, trying to play king of the river.... what happened ?

smokewagon,

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    sweet! got vid or pix?

+1
    Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa! Bwaaahahahahahahahaha! Huh..what....?

He ain't "King of the River" no more. Hope I didn't hurt his feelings too bad. I might be "packin" next time we ride that section.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa! Waaahahahahahahahaha! Huh..what....?

He ain't "King of the River" no more. Hope I didn't hurt his feelings too bad. I might be "packin" next time we ride that section.
    watch out for the fishermen casting at you if you ever piss them off, happened to me a couple of times. I spun around and hosed one of them down real good, that made me think about how vulnerable I was on a ski and them in a boat and let it go the second time. packin' on the ski ain't a bad idea these days, people are crazy.

they have alot of fishing tournaments at the lake I go to. when you see the some of the tournament guys wearing the 100+mph life preservers and helmets, I've learned that usually you can't top end with them too well...

+1
    SeaGoat you rascal, what did you do now...

+1
    Smokewagon took me on a 50 mile (1 way) journey into banjo country. It was a very scenic trip that started on a large river and after 20 miles or so we turned left up a tributary. We stopped at the 50 mile mark (his polaris has an odometer) and had lunch with some locals he had befriended on past trips. On the trip back, a large (18-20 ft.) aluminum jon boat with a huge outboard pulled out from a house (the bank was lined with em) and headed downstream in front of us. When the driver realized I was on his azz I think he decided to "show me his wake" . He was probably "under the influence" . Anyways, I had to bide my time cause the river was too narrow and snaky to pass. He almost went into the trees at one point. Coming out of a tight right hander, the river opened up to about 30 yards wide just before a hard left hander. That's where I pulled the trigger and he realized I had just been toying with him. I saw him shake his head in resignation when I blew by him at 60 something. Then it was Smoke's turn. Definitely the highlite of the ride.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    watch out for the fishermen casting at you if you ever piss them off, happened to me a couple of times. I spun around and hosed one of them down real good, that made me think about how vulnerable I was on a ski and them in a boat and let it go the second time. packin' on the ski ain't a bad idea these days, people are crazy.

they have alot of fishing tournaments at the lake I go to. when you see the some of the tournament guys wearing the 100+mph life preservers and helmets, I've learned that usually you can't top end with them too well...
    We were always very polite when ever we saw fishermen. We always dropped off plane and idled past them a good bit before accelerating again. Tha same with canoe's and anybody else we saw. Next time I will have video. Smoke did video a small portion until I accidentally showered him going into a left turn.I'm pretty sure most locals in this area were probably packin. You could hear the banjo's playin' in the background. But everyone I met were very polite and courteous. Now I have to figure out a way to carry an extra 10-15 gallons of gas cause Smoke said this was just a little ride. I burned a very full tank plus a 5 gal. jug and coming back, when I saw the ramp I went to full throttle and the engine started sputtering. Just made it.

Yes, we do ride courteous to fisherman and canoers alike, trying to go slow and no wake, it is the rule of the river people.

But that hillbilly in that hot rod jon boat. I just can't figure out !

smoke,

+1
    Is this your huckleberry?

+1
    I think his boat was bigger and it had the steering console on the right side too. The outboard was way bigger. So was the driver.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information