Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Extended maintenance/ Warranty worth it?

I found a new pair of 250Xs I'll be picking up and want to know if the 900/ea 2 year maintenance and 900/ea warranty is worth it? According to the dealer, it covers '4 major scheduled maintenances' - What 4, $300 services could there really be? Plugs and oil is all I forsee, so is it worth it?

The warranty can be purchased later.

+1
    I'd say maintenance no but extended warranty yes.

There are posters here that are selling the 4 year for $595. My dealer a few weeks ago offered it to me for $825.

No need to purchase it immediately.

I got the warranty if anything for peace of mind. Heck to replace the blower if something would happen is more than the warranty price. I got the 4 year extra for I think $700.

Your dealer can go lower.

I suspect your dealer is trying to close the gap he made by selling the units so low.

DONT do the maintenance plan. Do the warranty but buy it wholesale as others have done here.

Just ask the family and they will answer.

+1
    I'm not usually not a big fan of extended warranties but am glad I got the additional 4 years on my Ultra since I have the GIO issue. I can tell you that when my tech was discussing the issue with Kawi they asked if I had an extended warranty. I believe that since I did and they knew that they were on the hook for any ill effects of GIO that they have been more aggressive than they would have been if they could have walked away after one year. Buy it from your dealer. That relationship is important. Find an INTERNET posting that sells it for $595 and tell your dealer that if he matches the price that you will buy it from him. Mine did!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Livin on the Edge View Post
    I'm not usually not a big fan of extended warranties but am glad I got the additional 4 years on my Ultra since I have the GIO issue. I can tell you that when my tech was discussing the issue with Kawi they asked if I had an extended warranty. I believe that since I did and they knew that they were on the hook for any ill effects of GIO that they have been more aggressive than they would have been if they could have walked away after one year. Buy it from your dealer. That relationship is important. Find an INTERNET posting that sells it for $595 and tell your dealer that if he matches the price that you will buy it from him. Mine did!
    Livin on the edge,

Which dealer, if you don't mind me asking, are you working with in the Chicago area?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dmk View Post
    Livin on the edge,

Which dealer, if you don't mind me asking, are you working with in the Chicago area?
    Bonzi in Crystal Lake.

+1
    OK time to get my 4 year extended warranty.

Is West County Powersports at $595 still the going wholesale rate?

I purchased my 07' 250 Ultra on Feb. 9. Do I have to get the warranty within 12 months of that date?

Also, how does it work if I were to get it from some other place besides my local dealer? Do I just show him a copy or provide some master document # that Kawi would have in there system or what?

And btw, put 55 trouble free hours on it this past summer. Changed the oil at 19 and 30 hours. Was also able to cruise using as little as 5 gph doing about 30 mph.
    Just having issues with the rubber mats losing their adhesion. Dealer replaced 1 and reglued 2 others.

+1
    Contacted them and it's still $595. If a credit card is used it's $615--darn good deal.
    Was going to go with it but contacted my dealer and they said $645 so I went with them to keep it simple and give them the business.

I told my dealer that I could get a 4yr for $580 so they gave it to me for $595.
    They will be doing the work so I spent the money with them.
    Tell your dealer you can get a 4yr for $580 and they should match the price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information