Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Cool FZR test results from todays ride.

This is a stock ski with stock parts and no after market parts at all, I worked on the hull some, changed the ride plate angle, modded the oem intake grate, blue printed the pump, removed the siphon tube from the pump, blocked the signal spout exit off at pump, Ski was rode for .3 hour on meter, cooled down, checked for any leaks ( none found) then put to the test. First pass was 70.8 mph. 7760 rpm's on digital memory tack, Ski felt good but seamed to flatten out on speed real quick. Next pass 70.9 7760 rpm's ski seamed to just quit acclerating ! Then I thought I heard some ignition misfire. SKi was on the rev limiter real hard. So we desided to try to ease in to the throttle to see just how many rpm"s we could get befor the revlimiter started cutting in 71.3 mph then the revlimiter came in to mess up our runs. The hull , pump, ride plate work had freed up the hull so much that the oem prop is just not pitched tall enough for my freed up hull. I am going to start re pitching the oem prop till I get off the revlimiter(some where between 2-3 pitches taller is where I will start. You guys are going to have to use a digital tack to get the prop pitch exactly correct to get the rpm's you need for best results I am sure. IMO the same principals used on a gpr hull/pump/ride plate to get the speed up are going to work on a FZR/FZS just fine. When I get the prop exactly where I want it pitched 74+ mph with a stock motor is not going to be a problem! All the runs today were squating down on the back of the seat( no superman) I will not be doing any more work till I get back from my Florida pwc ride this weekend . Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    IMO the same principals used on a gpr hull/pump/ride plate to get the speed up are going to work on a FZR/FZS just fine. When I get the prop exactly where I want it pitched 74+ mph with a stock motor is not going to be a problem! n
    WoooooHooo !

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    This is a stock ski with stock parts and no after market parts at all, I worked on the hull some, changed the ride plate angle, modded the oem intake grate, blue printed the pump, removed the siphon tube from the pump, blocked the signal spout exit off at pump, Ski was rode for .3 hour on meter, cooled down, checked for any leaks ( none found) then put to the test. First pass was 70.8 mph. 7760 rpm's on digital memory tack, Ski felt good but seamed to flatten out on speed real quick. Next pass 70.9 7760 rpm's ski seamed to just quit acclerating ! Then I thought I heard some ignition misfire. SKi was on the rev limiter real hard. So we desided to try to ease in to the throttle to see just how many rpm"s we could get befor the revlimiter started cutting in 71.3 mph then the revlimiter came in to mess up our runs. The hull , pump, ride plate work had freed up the hull so much that the oem prop is just not pitched tall enough for my freed up hull. I am going to start re pitching the oem prop till I get off the revlimiter(some where between 2-3 pitches taller is where I will start. You guys are going to have to use a digital tack to get the prop pitch exactly correct to get the rpm's you need for best results I am sure. IMO the same principals used on a gpr hull/pump/ride plate to get the speed up are going to work on a FZR/FZS just fine. When I get the prop exactly where I want it pitched 74+ mph with a stock motor is not going to be a problem! All the runs today were squating down on the back of the seat( no superman) I will not be doing any more work till I get back from my Florida pwc ride this weekend . Tommy Jordan

Can you elaborate on your mods that you did to the hull, ride plate, pump, intake grate for us newbies! When you say you removed the siphon tube, you mean the 2 in stainless steel tube that sucks out any bilge water in the ski? What does blueprinting mean?

how much time and money do you think will have to be spent to get into the 70+ range?

+1
    70.9 stock is great on a new ski! just curious, whats your new ride plate angle?

Nice work!

+1
    When I finish all my R&D work in a few weeks I will post "ALL" my information on my mods! Since I only have .6 tenths of test time on this ski to pass along my findings is too early since some things need to be tested to see which ones work best, The weather here in N.C. is still not that warm yet. High Friday is 46, today it was 80. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    WoooooHooo !
    +1
    I tell you, I bet those Fountain boys can find speed out of a rock.

Way to go Tommy, excellent work!

+1
    What brand of digital tach are you using? I want to get one for my conversion.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information