Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hard time deciding between RXT Limited and RXT IS 255

Really trying to decide Between 08 RXT Limited 215 (pretty blue) $11,900 or RXT IS 255 (Yellow) $14,900 think it is worth more cash? Limited comes with GPS and a hood full of junk I don't care about. I like the blue but I have a Yellow Hummer H3 thaat will match the RXT sharply!

I like the IS because; 255hp, suspension, brakes, and trim (Limited does not have the adjustable trim) talking $3000 which isn't much I guess. Did a search for RXT IS 255 and could not find much about it.

I was also comparing the 08 SHO for 11,700 black with 5 year warranty Sea-Doo has 1 year. So point of view on it would be appreciated to.

I bought and sold a SHO cruiser last year, liked it but had to sell to pay off ex-wife and basically unload some assets fast but no complaits other than it drank a lot of gas

a RXT ? or a GTX limited ? and isn't the 2009 a GTX IS ? --- damn i just checked and didn't know there is a RXT IS also -- learn something new everyday

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by craig41071 View Post
    Really trying to decide Between 08 RXT Limited 215 (pretty blue) $11,900 or RXT IS 255 (Yellow) $14,900 think it is worth more cash? Limited comes with GPS and a hood full of junk I don't care about. I like the blue but I have a Yellow Hummer H3 thaat will match the RXT sharply!

I like the IS because; 255hp, suspension, brakes, and trim (Limited does not have the adjustable trim) talking $3000 which isn't much I guess. Did a search for RXT IS 255 and could not find much about it.

I was also comparing the 08 SHO for 11,700 black with 5 year warranty Sea-Doo has 1 year. So point of view on it would be appreciated to.

I bought and sold a SHO cruiser last year, liked it but had to sell to pay off ex-wife and basically unload some assets fast but no complaits other than it drank a lot of gas
    The Is will drink ALOT of gas too. I noticed you didn't mention the RXT-X. You get the 255 hp and the VTS trim system AND 08 leftovers can be had real cheap (relatively speaking). The RXT Is is cool but it's new technology and untested and very expensive. Then you also have the new Yamaha FZR and FZS to think about also. You can't find any info on the new Is cause nobody has got to ride a production unit yet. I guess the choice is yours but you have quite a few good candidates to look at. Try to get a dealer to let you ride them all. I paid less then 11,900 for my T-X in july of 08. Shop around.

Does the RTX Limited have a GPS display that plots courses and displays lake and river charts, or is it just a GPS-powered speedometer? The older GTX Limiteds ('03-'0 had real Garmin GPS units that could upload/download data plots between the unit and laptop... Ron

+1
    Really trying to decide Between 08 RXT Limited 215 (pretty blue) $11,900 or RXT IS 255 (Yellow) $14,900
    He's looking at an 08 RXT or the 09 RXT-Is. It didn't come in pretty blue so it must be the GTX-Limited.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    He's looking at an 08 RXT or the 09 RXT-Is. It didn't come in pretty blue so it must be the GTX-Limited.

yep I may have all the letters mixed up but it comes with a hand held gps and a spot on glove box it latches to and it was 215 hp. I really don't need that other than for actual speed hard to get lost in the lake I run in.

Very confusing I liked the SHO and the 5 yr warranty sounds good

But I REALLY like IS but does have a lot of bells and whistles to tear up

How do you like your RXT-X? How much faster relatively speaking do you say it is compared to 215hp?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by craig41071 View Post
    yep I may have all the letters mixed up but it comes with a hand held gps and a spot on glove box it latches to and it was 215 hp. I really don't need that other than for actual speed hard to get lost in the lake I run in.

Very confusing I liked the SHO and the 5 yr warranty sounds good

But I REALLY like IS but does have a lot of bells and whistles to tear up

How do you like your RXT-X? How much faster relatively speaking do you say it is compared to 215hp?
    Like you, I struggled with my choices and it came down to having the VTS. I ride on a large brackish river near the ocean and it can get very rough. Plus, I found a dealer that gave me a very good price on the more expensive T-X. I have never regretted my decision. The VTS is a must have and I have ridden with several RXT's. With a few simple mod's (see sig.) I'm running 71+ loaded up and the extra 40 hp (which didn't seem important before buying) and larger pump inlet have given this boat a holeshot that makes RXT owners green with envy or red with anger, LOL.
    The big kicker is that ALL jetski riders are by their very nature competetive. Everyone wants to race irregardless of age. You will be challenged again and again. Losing sucks. "X" boats don't lose much.

Oh yeah. You asked about the speed difference. I can only give 1 example where we clocked my ski and then a friends RXT with the same GPS. This was before my mods. He ran 65.6 mph and I ran 69.6. Similar fuel loads within 5 minutes of each other in salt water and he had a 2.5 degree wedge installed. But the acceleration is way stronger on mine. Other ski's will get different results but you will have to make an RXT into a stage II+ to equal the performance of the T-X. This will surely cause some debate here too.

+1
    You need to go ride the RXT and compare to the IS model IMO.
    To different animals and per different riding conditions preferance.

The RXT-X is a better buy over the RXT.

You get 255 hp compared to 215 hp.
    You get VTS on T-X and not on RXT.
    You get different pump tunnel or shoe enterance (intake grate) which is stronger and will be faster in acceleration.
    External intercooler on T-X compared to internal ic on RXT.
    Better stock prop on T-X compared to RXT.
    I believe the RXT-X is lighter then the RXT.
    Better handlebar setup and finger throtle on T-X but not on RXT.

Buy the T-X for performance and buy the IS for comfort or luxury.

+1
    Screw all that, go get a Yamaha FZR!!!

+1
    The GTX (RXT) Limited also comes with a debth gauge which I find very helpful in the waters I ride.

I guess it would depend on the type of riding you do. The 08 Limited will run about the same speed as the RXT IS due to the GPS speed limiter (65 mph). You could save 3k with the limited. I agree the price tag on the IS is very high but the technology is top notch. Your call dude.
    Last edited by driveumhard; 03-10-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: sp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information