Question Strainer plumbing

I have a Question about plumbing my groco strainer with an after market intercooler. Now i have it mounted in the front of the engine near the oil fill. This location is perfect for the stock intercooler as it is located right next to it. It is also easily accessible to clean out. I clean it out daily and there is uaually debris in it so it needs to be accessible.

Some of the other locations i have seen are not that accessible with the seat cowiling installed or look to be secured poorly.

I guess my question is would it have a negative effect on cooling or performance if i leave the strainer where it is and run the hose from the back to the front. i think it would be adding about 6-7 feet of rubber hose to the system

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meansvt00 View Post
    I have a Question about plumbing my groco strainer with an after market intercooler. Now i have it mounted in the front of the engine near the oil fill. This location is perfect for the stock intercooler as it is located right next to it. It is also easily accessible to clean out. I clean it out daily and there is uaually debris in it so it needs to be accessible.

Some of the other locations i have seen are not that accessible with the seat cowiling installed or look to be secured poorly.

I guess my question is would it have a negative effect on cooling or performance if i leave the strainer where it is and run the hose from the back to the front. i think it would be adding about 6-7 feet of rubber hose to the system

IF any it would be very very minimal..But i highly doubt there will be any negitive effects...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    IF any it would be very very minimal..But i highly doubt there will be any negitive effects...
    Thanks for the reply.
    Thats what im hoping it will be alot easier if i can just leave it where it is.

+1
    Edit: Had a *special* moment

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    If the extra hose causes a change in pressure (which will cause a change in temperature) the thermostat should automatically adjust to take the pressure back to the stock spec. of equilibrium.
    where is the thermostat you mention on the intercooler plumbing

+1
    You're right, my mistake, I was thinking of a how my conversion ski has one line for both circuits. But failed to remember that the conversion ski has no thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    You're right, my mistake, I was thinking of a how my conversion ski has one line for both circuits. But failed to remember that the conversion ski has no thermostat
    ok that makes sense i was a bit confused but hey it happens

I think there are no negative effect on cooling or performance if you leave the strainer. But when plumbing your cooler, just take it carefully to make your plumbing work properly done. This must be always with proper care.
    Last edited by kyramary10; 07-23-2010 at 04:22 AM.

Thread Information