Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1

    New style H20box on pre-08 motor

    Will the new style water box bolt right up to the pre-2007 exhaust manifold or is there a mid-pipe section? I was thinking of ditching the j-pipe and just running a new-style Riva box. Thanks!


  2. #2
    rxpblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    2,113
    cody, it will need the mid-pipe as well if u ditch the j-pipe.

  3. #3
    gotcha-- i knew you were doing this conversion. So:

    i can use any year exhaust manifold
    08+ midpipe
    08+ style waterbox

    Can you easily remove sc with 08+ style waterbox in place?

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Yea, you can remove the SC easy if you upgrade to the 08+ Midpipe & Riva Box...The midpipe is only $110, uses the same band clamp. Just have to get fittings...

  5. #5
    I just found some pics of the new style waterbox. So the midpipe has the v-band attachment on it. How far does that pipe slide into the waterbox? Any gains from cutting it shorter?

  6. #6
    rxpblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    gotcha-- i knew you were doing this conversion. So:

    i can use any year exhaust manifold
    08+ midpipe
    08+ style waterbox

    Can you easily remove sc with 08+ style waterbox in place?

    Thanks!
    im going to go with the newer exhaust manifold so i can tap it for the o2 sensor as well. im pretty sure the newer ones are a little thicker and they have a place just for the sensor to be tapped in.

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    I just found some pics of the new style waterbox. So the midpipe has the v-band attachment on it. How far does that pipe slide into the waterbox? Any gains from cutting it shorter?


    DO NOT cut the midpipe, it will change the pulse pattern and hurt your low end torque...

  8. #8
    CC Racer kenshin89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,902
    +1
    2
    This what I ordered for my RXP. I'm using the Riva X Waterbox and open loop cooling.

    RXP-X Exhaust
    1x 274001347 Exhaust Clamp #1
    1x 274001354 Head Pipe #14-16
    1x 274001348 Exhaust Hose #17
    2x 293650054 Tridon Clamp #18

    RXP-X Cooling
    1x 293710116 T-Fitting #18
    1x 276000191 Formed Hose #19
    1x 276000137 Formed Hose #22
    1x 276000209 Formed Hose #25

  9. #9
    CC Racer kenshin89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,902
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpblast View Post
    im going to go with the newer exhaust manifold so i can tap it for the o2 sensor as well. im pretty sure the newer ones are a little thicker and they have a place just for the sensor to be tapped in.
    the 08 manifolds have more room for a O2 sensor. I heard that 07 and older can be done as well just not as much room.

  10. #10
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,929
    +1
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpblast View Post
    im going to go with the newer exhaust manifold so i can tap it for the o2 sensor as well. im pretty sure the newer ones are a little thicker and they have a place just for the sensor to be tapped in.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshin89 View Post
    the 08 manifolds have more room for a O2 sensor. I heard that 07 and older can be done as well just not as much room.
    I did my 05 without a problem..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New style head on 05 block
    By Greggpru in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-10-2015, 06:10 PM
  2. old style injectors on new GTR
    By j.dabrila in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 12:38 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 11:08 PM
  4. X-charger on an 08 motor?
    By atom1234 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 01:07 PM
  5. new yamaha 2008 on 08-20-07
    By START in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •