....issue 3?...are you kidding me?

i got a call from the dealer that they ordered my dess post harness to fix the issue i had with the key not turning off the ski when it comes off, fine....

but now the ski wont turn on and idle! i can not believe this bullcrap, how can a brand new jet ski give me so many problems with just 4 hours? they say it needs a new imac sensor or something....i need to keep giving gas for the jet ski to stay on, it will not idle.....

im a very unsatisfied rxp-x owner at the moment....

the sensor they are claiming is bad is the IAC (Idle Air Control) i cant imagine it would be bad but you never know it could be faulty. im sorry to hear of your issues once they work it out you may never have another issue

+1
    could be bad fuel??
    is this your first PWC?
    how have you been riding during 10 hr break in?
    i do believe that a new ski can have issues from the factory, sea doo isnt perfect by any stretch, however some other factors can contribute to a crappy ski, like unfamiliar owners, unknown fuel source, improper break in, etc.

so far all you issues have been minor manufacturing glitches. if all that goes wrong is a few bad switches, be happy
    blown SC, sunken ski, bent rods, can all happen from inexperienced riders assuming there new ski will perform under any circumstance no matter what they do to it.
    this is like a ferrari on the water, would you expect a ferrari to go over jumps or do donuts all day, and not have some problems??

this is my first ski, but i have been riding normally and being cautious not to dog it out for the first 10 hours. just sucks to see this down time so early in the game.

Is this a low-volume dealer? If so, then maybe they had an out-of-warranty customer ski with a bad IAC and took yours to fix the other ski. Then they claim the bad IAC on your warranty. Just a thought about how one company can screw another company... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    Is this a low-volume dealer? If so, then maybe they had an out-of-warranty customer ski with a bad IAC and took yours to fix the other ski. Then they claim the bad IAC on your warranty. Just a thought about how one company can screw another company... Ron
    god knows.

i tried turning on the ski again just recently and it turned on fine.....it idles rough, and when i give throttle it will come down on the revs and either die, or struggle to idle roughly again.

Taking it in to another dealer tomorrow, hopefully they got the iac sensor in stock and can help me get out by the weekend. I really hope its something simple to fix and i don't end up having to go through a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon132 View Post
    god knows.

i tried turning on the ski again just recently and it turned on fine.....it idles rough, and when i give throttle it will come down on the revs and either die, or struggle to idle roughly again.

Taking it in to another dealer tomorrow, hopefully they got the iac sensor in stock and can help me get out by the weekend. I really hope its something simple to fix and i don't end up having to go through a mission.
    The Buds system should have picked that problem up as for the part being a stock item on the shelf YOU be lucky if you they have it in stock?. Do you mind posting the dealers name your going too?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    jammer.... believe it or not the idly bypass wont trigger a code on BUDS when it's acting up most times... half the time u get alarms and codes for crap you dont care about, and the weird stuff u chase around throws no codes.

when i used to work at a dealer, we did a handful of them each year... we kept them in stock... i actually ordered 2 of them for my own inventory on the shelf for my business because it's one of those stupid quick fixes that i do see often enough to warrant having it in stock to bang out quick

i do question whether he has a bad batch of gas tho.... usually with the bad idle bypass motor, the ski wont even start without cracking the throttle open and holding it there... the fact that he gets the ski to start but stumbling and rough makes me think otherwise given my experience with that part failing

sorry to hear about your misfortune with the ski! hope they get it straightened out and you have no further problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    jammer.... believe it or not the idly bypass wont trigger a code on BUDS when it's acting up most times... half the time u get alarms and codes for crap you dont care about, and the weird stuff u chase around throws no codes.

when i used to work at a dealer, we did a handful of them each year... we kept them in stock... i actually ordered 2 of them for my own inventory on the shelf for my business because it's one of those stupid quick fixes that i do see often enough to warrant having it in stock to bang out quick

i do question whether he has a bad batch of gas tho.... usually with the bad idle bypass motor, the ski wont even start without cracking the throttle open and holding it there... the fact that he gets the ski to start but stumbling and rough makes me think otherwise given my experience with that part failing

sorry to hear about your misfortune with the ski! hope they get it straightened out and you have no further problems!
    Dayum, Why don't you move here in California everything is: 1. You have to make an appointment to bring your ski in. 2. You have to wait for 2 weeks because we don't have the part and we have to order it story

Thread Information