Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

open loop cooling question

ok i have a question about the open loop cooling how does it gain you such a large amount of speed? I am looking to try this and ive seen people say that its good and others say its corrosive to the motor and not worth it to change from the closed loop. 3 will be doing half fresh and half salt riding. Im looking to get the 80+ mph speed and think that i should be able to get it soon the the extension along with a few other goodies. I cant post in the classified section but im looking for either a rude2 or equivalent and as soon as i get something to replace my C5 charger im doing the valvetrain and the new ECU reflashing offered on here. wideband and boost gauge are on the way so i can see what shes doing. Anyways the rideplate thing loks like it gains sreious speed and id like to learn more about it?

+1
    open loop won't gain you any speed but it will help you keep temps down and prevent heat fade which will cause a speed loss. Also running open loop cooling will enable you to run a open loop ride plate which will gain you speed.

No worries on running open loop. Every other ski runs open loop (yamaha, kawi, honda) just flush after every ride and you are good to go.

ok so the rideplate is whats gaining you your mph but how is it doing this? whats the differences in the two?

+1
    Shimming capabilities, angle, the physical cut on the plate. I think 1-1.5 mph difference is the consensus..I have an extra heat exchanger available if you want to keep your ski closed loop while running the "open loop" rideplate.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Shimming capabilities, angle, the physical cut on the plate. I think 1-1.5 mph difference is the consensus..I have an extra heat exchanger available if you want to keep your ski closed loop while running the "open loop" rideplate.

closed loop with open loop ride plate? I have not heard of that before. How does that work?

+1
    You hook a cooling line inlet and dump to a heat exchanger and also a coolant entrance and exit line to the heat exchanger. The thermostat remains in place along with all of the other factory cooling lines and coolant bottle. It's a very simple concept.

Thanks for sharing, Fizz!!!
    Great info....

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    You hook a cooling line inlet and dump to a heat exchanger and also a coolant entrance and exit line to the heat exchanger. The thermostat remains in place along with all of the other factory cooling lines and coolant bottle. It's a very simple concept.
    Heat exchanger? sound impressive...more info plz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakRXP1200 View Post
    Heat exchanger? sound impressive...more info plz
    We have been talking about heat exchangers in the conversion section for a couple years now. Searching that section will give you tons of data.

+1
    check out beerdarts build, post 129 has a pic then he goes thru the install.. looks like a great idea... more efficient than the plate
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=74978&page=4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information