Banned User

Stock RXT I/C and X S/C

Hey guys looks like the XS I/C isnt gonna be in the budget this year since we are having a 2nd baby in June so I am asking a question about running my stock 215 I/C with the new X S/C, I know I am not gonna get the power that I could with a new I/C but will it work and also can I just run the Rude RRFPR with the stock 38's this way or just sell it and get the ECU reflashed????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    Hey guys looks like the XS I/C isnt gonna be in the budget this year since we are having a 2nd baby in June so I am asking a question about running my stock 215 I/C with the new X S/C, I know I am not gonna get the power that I could with a new I/C but will it work and also can I just run the Rude RRFPR with the stock 38's this way or just sell it and get the ECU reflashed????
    It will work fine with the stock IC. You will have brutal throttle response!! JD1 setup some boats with the rude charger and stock ic so the X sc will be fine. On fuel im not sure, Before the problems i have been having trying to get my RRFPR to work properly with 42s im not sure what you should go with. The only real way to know is with AF testing but that is a load more money again. Im sure that I read before that JD had ran the rude with stock injectors but that was with stock intake pipe and stock exhaust. What other mods have you got?? This will help to work it all out. R88
    EDIT just read yor sig with your mods. HMM I think you will be better off with the RRFPR if it works as it should. A few of us have been having problems getting them to lift fuel pressure with boost but this could be down to the 42s. Again tho you really need AF to dial it in to your boat. R88

Banned User
    Anyone else got input to this.

+1
    Just did one like that a few months ago. X charger and stock intercooler in an '04 RXP. The acceleration is crazy and top speed just ok. I drag raced him on my S1+RR wheel RXP and he pulled me by 3-4 ski's on acceleration but top speed is only about 1 mph different. He GPS'd 75 before filling rideplate holes.

The RRFPR OR 42 lb injectors will be ok for this setup.

Mike

Banned User
    Nice I am hoping to run a 15/20r with this so i should pick up a few mph i hope.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    Nice I am hoping to run a 15/20r with this so i should pick up a few mph i hope.
    An out the box 15/20r was perfect on that combo. If you're talking about mph over the stocker, then you should pick up 2-3.

Banned User
    From stock which was about 66 gps'd stock now at 70 gps'd with the mods in my sig, so hoping that i should get 73 ish with x charger and 15/20 and riva grate.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Just did one like that a few months ago. X charger and stock intercooler in an '04 RXP. The acceleration is crazy and top speed just ok. I drag raced him on my S1+RR wheel RXP and he pulled me by 3-4 ski's on acceleration but top speed is only about 1 mph different. He GPS'd 75 before filling rideplate holes.

The RRFPR OR 42 lb injectors will be ok for this setup.

Mike
    now ya got me worried,I'm installing a x charger with 42lb injectors.

I just ordered and xs intercooler, I would gladly give up 1 mph to pull 3to4 ski's on someone. Especially for closed course racing and riding on lake erie were we don't really get to top-end [to often]

So how about running both xs intercooler and stock intercooler? can you get the best of both?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dan725 View Post
    now ya got me worried,I'm installing a x charger with 42lb injectors.
    It'll be fine. I said 42's OR RRFPR on X charger and stock intercooler. Add the XS intercooler and you need both the 42's AND the RRFPR.

I just ordered and xs intercooler, I would gladly give up 1 mph to pull 3to4 ski's on someone. Especially for closed course racing and riding on lake erie were we don't really get to top-end [to often]
    His ski pulls 3-4 on mine in acceleration AND pulls about 1 mph over mine on top end. It wasn't a trade-off thing. It's just that with that much more acceleration, I would've thought it would pull more than 1 mph over mine.

So how about running both xs intercooler and stock intercooler? can you get the best of both?
    No. The XS has plenty of cooling capacity. The bad part about the stocker is the restriction. If you run both, then you have the restriction of both.

Thread Information