Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    tottii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ABU DHABI
    Posts
    62

    with 4000$ what the best mod for rxpx

    with 4000$ what the best mod for RXP-X
    my mod now r&d ride plate,2 dgree wedge , riva power filter , impeller 15/22r , upgrade manifol,
    free flow pipe, and riva thermostat

    i am thinking about some project

    First project
    2rude supercharge
    riva or rude valve train upgrade
    light valve
    ECU 8800 rpm
    60 injector
    open loop
    rduce nozzel 82 or ?

    Second project
    riva or rude valve train upgrade
    2rude supercharge
    60 injector or 50
    open loop
    ECU 8650 rpm
    rduce nozzel 82

    Third project

    riva upgrade supercharge ( With riva clutch washer & sc rebilt kit)
    50 injector
    open loop or close loop
    ECU 8650 rpm
    riva upgrade train valve
    ic upgrade
    reduce nozzel 82


    other detail
    hot weather
    salt water
    riding 1.5 to max 3 houres per week( two days a week)
    i am 20% recreational rider

    so what do you think guys
    i would like to have fast jet and at the same time i want to stay out of damage


  2. #2
    SeaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, N.C.
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    2
    I think you're going to find out what a pump tunnel overstuff feels like. The RXP-X is the wrong ski to mod to this level of power. Until someone releases a mod to cure the overstuff and the resultant buck or throwing off of the rider then I can't advise you to do these mods. The RXP is the ski you want for these high power mods.

  3. #3
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    I think you're going to find out what a pump tunnel overstuff feels like. The RXP-X is the wrong ski to mod to this level of power. Until someone releases a mod to cure the overstuff and the resultant buck or throwing off of the rider then I can't advise you to do these mods. The RXP is the ski you want for these high power mods.
    +1 If you wana chuck that sort of money into making a ski fast your gona do it to the wrong ski. The RXPX can and has gone fast but at what cost??? Alot of people have been bucked off, some more than once. My opinion. Sell the X. Buy an 08 RXP cheap, add the mods your talking about to that. If It were me I would go with: 2Rude, ECU Reflash + Injectors, Rude Valve Train, Fizzle IC kit, Riva waterbox, 4 inch intake, I wouldnt go with the rear intake in the sea. Then you may need an RRFPR. Im not sure with these new reflashes if it is still neccersary to run 1 with big boost like you have to on the riva ECU. R88

  4. #4
    formerly Gold06RXP Turbo Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    2,095
    +1
    97
    The best mod you could do would be to trade it in for an RXP then put those mods on it. Your going to get hurt doing that to an X
    Quote Originally Posted by tottii View Post
    with 4000$ what the best mod for RXP-X
    my mod now r&d ride plate,2 dgree wedge , riva power filter , impeller 15/22r , upgrade manifol,
    free flow pipe, and riva thermostat

    i am thinking about some project

    First project
    2rude supercharge
    riva or rude valve train upgrade
    light valve
    ECU 8800 rpm
    60 injector
    open loop
    rduce nozzel 82 or ?

    Second project
    riva or rude valve train upgrade
    2rude supercharge
    60 injector or 50
    open loop
    ECU 8650 rpm
    rduce nozzel 82

    Third project

    riva upgrade supercharge ( With riva clutch washer & sc rebilt kit)
    50 injector
    open loop or close loop
    ECU 8650 rpm
    riva upgrade train valve
    ic upgrade
    reduce nozzel 82


    other detail
    hot weather
    salt water
    riding 1.5 to max 3 houres per week( two days a week)
    i am 20% recreational rider

    so what do you think guys
    i would like to have fast jet and at the same time i want to stay out of damage

  5. #5
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,626
    +1
    806
    If I had to choose one I would do project one. The higher RPMs will mean the pump can process more water than lower RPMs. Just make sure you stay safe if you do modify. I would leave the reduction nozzle out because a smaller ring means a better chance of getting tossed off the boat.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I would leave the reduction nozzle out because a smaller ring means a better chance of getting tossed off the boat.
    I don't understand why everyone wants to choke down the venturi on the X then go 80mph or close to. Playing with fire. I don't understand putting a smaller venturi on the X period. The stock venturi helps it with holeshot. Seems like so many people bought the wrong ski. Should have went with the RXP215, considering that's what you're turning it into.

  7. #7
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,531
    +1
    4,757
    Didn't they solve the overstuff problem by drilling holes?

  8. #8
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    If I had to choose one I would do project one. The higher RPMs will mean the pump can process more water than lower RPMs. Just make sure you stay safe if you do modify. I would leave the reduction nozzle out because a smaller ring means a better chance of getting tossed off the boat.
    I agree with Fizzle on this but be aware that the higher RPM the more opportunity you have for problems.... blown head gaskets, etc.
    If it was my ski i would go for option 1 but that's only because I'm crazy like that and have the know how to rip into my ski and repair it as needed.
    You will want open loop cooling with this option but be sure to flush after every ride.

    If you want something more reliable and rec rider friendly then option 3 is a great choice. Be sure to add the Riva water box and a Riva rear air intake kit to complete the package. I would stick with closed loop cooling with this option.

    with either option please be sure to relieve the pump pressure by drilling the holes thru the grate and shoe.

  9. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Didn't they solve the overstuff problem by drilling holes?
    It doesn't solve the problem but it prolongs it. 82 mph with the holes drilled shouldn't be a problem.

  10. #10
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,531
    +1
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    It doesn't solve the problem but it prolongs it. 82 mph with the holes drilled shouldn't be a problem.
    That's what I was thinking... thank you.
    To me that's pretty dang fast.
    I guess the question is, what does the OP consider to be a "fast ski"...?
    Tottii, what is your goal?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. what is the Best Retainer for RXPX ?
    By nmalfarhan in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 12:49 AM
  2. lookin to mod my 06 rxp whats the best bang for my buck?
    By ModularJunk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 05:53 AM
  3. what the best ski for top speed
    By jca2 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 07:12 AM
  4. 2006 15f whats the best impeller for the riva rpm kit
    By wave15stx in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
  5. Whats The Best Price For A 250X ?
    By lukelegend in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 11:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •