Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1

    3 RXPX and RXTX mod opinions wanted

    I already have a Stage 3 RXP and a Stage 2 RXP, but I picked up a RXTX and a RXPX, so I allready have a, 3" intake, OPAS lock offs with RI extensions, Riva intake grates, and props from 4 Tech Pro. I'm thinkin though of maybe a exhaust (I love the sound of the through hull exhausts) pump wedge, and maybe a IC relocation kit. What are your thoughts on the last 3?
    Thanks


  2. #2
    SeaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, N.C.
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    I already have a Stage 3 RXP and a Stage 2 RXP, but I picked up a RXTX and a RXPX, so I allready have a, 3" intake, OPAS lock offs with RI extensions, Riva intake grates, and props from 4 Tech Pro. I'm thinkin though of maybe a exhaust (I love the sound of the through hull exhausts) pump wedge, and maybe a IC relocation kit. What are your thoughts on the last 3?
    Thanks
    Go with the riva waterbox and thru hull kit for both ski's. No pump wedge on the P-X but it's worth a try on the T-X. Then an intake manifold upgrade kit or do like most everyone else and remove the flame arrestor thru the throttle body hole and save your money. The ic relocation kit is too expensive in my opinion for what you get but it does clean up the engine bay so if you have the money then by all means do it. The 3" air intake you installed is ok but you will gain more rpm from the 4" kanaflex front air setup. After that you might look into the riva pro series impellor upgrade for the sc. Good luck and have fun.

  3. #3
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Go with the riva waterbox and thru hull kit for both ski's. No pump wedge on the P-X but it's worth a try on the T-X. Then an intake manifold upgrade kit or do like most everyone else and remove the flame arrestor thru the throttle body hole and save your money. The ic relocation kit is too expensive in my opinion for what you get but it does clean up the engine bay so if you have the money then by all means do it. The 3" air intake you installed is ok but you will gain more rpm from the 4" kanaflex front air setup. After that you might look into the riva pro series impellor upgrade for the sc. Good luck and have fun.
    SeaGoat, Hey thanks, I just realized I meant to say 4", I picked up enough Kanaflex from the peole we get our irrigation supplys last summer to do all my boats., so in your opinion you wouldnt go with the manifold upgrade but just remove the flame arrestor? I agree on the relocation kit, I bought one but ended up using it on my o6 stage 3 when the original Riva IC failed, spent less since I had it and just had to buy a X model IC from Sea Doo. Is the flame arrestor removal in the how toos? I didnt notice it there when I was looking for the pump shoo hole mod.
    Thanks,
    Mike

  4. #4
    SeaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, N.C.
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    2
    LOL, Start reading. You can do a search using intake manifold for titles only. You have to remove the intake and take the throttle body off. Then you can see the flame arrestor inside. Get it out the best way you can by cutting it into smaller pieces. This thread will help.


    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ntake+manifold

  5. #5
    I removed my flame arrestor yesterday....Get long nose pliers...and make sure you stock up on swear words and patience...it took me 4 hours to pull out intake manifold and pull out flame arrestor through the throttle body and about half and hour to put it all back together...make sure you get all the metal shavings out your intake after butchering the filter....damm that fibre glass kills your arms

    going for a ride tommorow to test this out...

  6. #6
    SeaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, N.C.
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    2
    Everybody laughed at me when I said I spent 4 hours on it and gave up. Bought the saw and cut the hole, LOL. Guess I didn't have the right tools. Let us know what your results were.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    556
    what type of results are people seeing with the removal of the FA? Still have a month or so before I can get back on the water......need something to do

  8. #8
    Suppose to get 1pound boost

  9. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by North49 View Post
    what type of results are people seeing with the removal of the FA? Still have a month or so before I can get back on the water......need something to do
    +7 - 1.0 psi more boost.

    Better throttle response and acceleration.

    It's a must do mod on these X models.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=889

    Whats nice about the Riva kit is the blockoff plug has a 1/8 npt port in it that will allow you to easily install a boost gauge, rising rate fuel pressure regulator, etc.


  10. #10
    IMO if you do this MOD, do it the free way as you'll be less pissed about spending 4 hours doing it the hard way then wasting your money...Makes F all differance if any....Not sure how and were RIVA test stuff like this...I thouht 1 pound would have been more...Well more than Nothing anyway..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Thinking about buying used rxpx and rxtx need advice..
    By murphy1332 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 09:02 AM
  2. New r&d products for the seadoo rxpx and rxtx 260hp skis
    By BAYOU FZR in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 08:34 AM
  3. FS R&D RXPX and RXTX grate cheap ENDS THIS MORNING
    By Water4fire in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 08:26 AM
  4. New RXPX and RXTX
    By Jakerxp24 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 12:23 PM
  5. Need opinion, RXPX or RXTX
    By catchme in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •