Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

how do i make my gtx(185) faster

Hey guys new to the site and the modding world. Right now im running like the title says an 04 gtx supercharged 185hp ski. My brother is running an 05 rxp and its ticking me off that he leaves me behind like its nothing. What kind of mods can i do to keep up?

I know i have to change the clutch washers in my supercharger to the metal ones which i will be doing in the next month or so, but what else should i do? A riva stage 1 kit? thanks for the advice.

First start by reading JPEconsults 185 build thread. He and many others have modified their 185-hp skis to outrun stock RXPs & RXTs. It's not cheap though, unless you are lucky enough to find used parts. The weakest part on you engine is the cast pistons... Ron

OR u could just buy my 07 RXP w/ my special package done to it!

+1
    This is about as far as you'll want to push your ski with those pistons:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...lngvd9j18787p0

And make yourself a custom 4" front air intake (search the forums on how to do this).

You'll need to find a steeper propeller that fits your pump and bend it for optimal RPMs (7650 on the 185 I believe).

A 2004-2005 RXP/RXT/GTX LTD. ECU will work. You'll need a 58 psi fuel pressure regulator from the online store as well.

I'm not sure if you need 42# injectors since the boost is lower on the 185 as a result of the 17 tooth s/c gear.

And that's the limit I'd do to keep full reliability.

It should get you much much closer to the RXP. You'll have to spend $1,000s more to pass it.

yellow jacket's 'gtx sleeper' thread, jpeconsult's '185 build thread' and Skoepp's 'tested mods with new results' thread will give you adequate information on a solid plan of attack and their results, opinions, and suggestions..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    First start by reading JPEconsults 185 build thread. He and many others have modified their 185-hp skis to outrun stock RXPs & RXTs. It's not cheap though, unless you are lucky enough to find used parts. The weakest part on you engine is the cast pistons... Ron
    Yeah, read that and call us in the morning.

Don't bother with the Stage I...you will end up replacing half of it anyway. Start reading that thread...it goes waaayyyy into detail everything from the basics to now (not so basic anymore).

Recommend: supercharger washers, intake grate, wedge, solas 13/20r, new wear ring, 4" kanaflex air intake set-up, RE's (OPAS removal)

The Stage I kit includes a 3" air intake and cheap ($20) OPAS block ups. You can save $120 by going directly to the $" kanaflex air intake versus the 3" Riva and $20 by NOT buying the Riva block ups. Put that $140 towards the RE's (OPAS removals) and delete the poroising issue before you get it.

Get to reading and holler as you have questions. Feel free to ask questions in that same thread. That is what it is there for. Jeremy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Yeah, read that and call us in the morning.

Don't bother with the Stage I...you will end up replacing half of it anyway. Start reading that thread...it goes waaayyyy into detail everything from the basics to now (not so basic anymore).

Recommend: supercharger washers, intake grate, wedge, solas 13/20r, new wear ring, 4" kanaflex air intake set-up, RE's (OPAS removal)

The Stage I kit includes a 3" air intake and cheap ($20) OPAS block ups. You can save $120 by going directly to the $" kanaflex air intake versus the 3" Riva and $20 by NOT buying the Riva block ups. Put that $140 towards the RE's (OPAS removals) and delete the poroising issue before you get it.

Get to reading and holler as you have questions. Feel free to ask questions in that same thread. That is what it is there for. Jeremy
    NICE

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    This is about as far as you'll want to push your ski with those pistons:

And make yourself a custom 4" front air intake (search the forums on how to do this). Absolutly

You'll need to find a steeper propeller that fits your pump and bend it for optimal RPMs (7650 on the 185 I believe). Solas 13/20r, I always shot for 7600

A 2004-2005 RXP/RXT/GTX LTD. ECU will work. You'll need a 58 psi fuel pressure regulator from the online store as well.

I'm not sure if you need 42# injectors since the boost is lower on the 185 as a result of the 17 tooth s/c gear. Just the 58 fpr will do...even with the Greenwheel.

And that's the limit I'd do to keep full reliability. Research "Free Mods" (filling rideplate holes, maybe trim reverse bucket, truing rideplate to grate)

It should get you much much closer to the RXP. You'll have to spend $1,000s more to pass it. Correct, although the more patient you are the cheaper it can be. Best bang for the buck is Fizzle's XS IC kit (as posted in the hyperlink above).

yellow jacket's 'gtx sleeper' thread, jpeconsult's '185 build thread' and Skoepp's 'tested mods with new results' thread will give you adequate information on a solid plan of attack and their results, opinions, and suggestions..
    All excellent threads.

-- Jeremy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    NICE
    ROFLMAO...You dog!

so how fast do you guys think ill be going with the cheap stage 1 kit you were talking about?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfence410 View Post
    so how fast do you guys think ill be going with the cheap stage 1 kit you were talking about?
    Riva Stage I = 66 or less...not what they advertise.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information