Thread: Primer Kit

Primer Kit

Who has a good Drawing or pictures of the Primer kit install??? I have done a search but for some reason it doesnt work right...does any one else have a problem with the search on this forum?

Fernando

+1
    only thing that I find it pulls up alot of unrelated topics. (maybe it hit on the search in one of the threads)

Thats what happens to me...unrelated topics..

+1

+1
    I can tell you from experience to be careful where you put the tee from the fuel feed. Install it on the reserve line. I was bright and installed mine after the filter thinking I want filtered fuel only in my carbs and motor sounds reasonably intelligent. I completed the install and I also removed my stock air cleaners and instaleed an R&D plenum. I took it to the lake for spring break and was having problems with the ski running lean and kept dialing out my adjusters until I got it to stop hesitating I did a couple warm up runs then a full speed run it started pinging at WOT and then bam engine shutdown. I put it on the trailler and pulled the head Mag piston was gone. I took it to GroupK and had it bored and got some new pistons. Gerhard was working with me and helping me diagnose the problem he told me it was causedd by detonation from running lean in that cylinder. We went through the upgrades that I had done Gerhard went to a drawer and pulled out a tee and asked if that was what I had installed? I said yes exactly then he pulled out another tee and gave to me and said this is what GroupK uses in all their kits. The tee I got in my hot products kit was smaller in the ID then theirs Gerhard told me in the triples with an inline feed the last carb in line will start to starve due to the restriction of the tee and that the tee I had was the cause of my piston failure expensive lesson. Anyways I now run duel fuel feed and I no longer have any lean condition. I will get some pictures to post tomorrow of the tee's. GroupK got me back in the water in two days I had a great rest of the week at Havasu Thanks Gerhard.

Does any one have pictures of a primer kit installed???I would really appreciate the help i just dont want to plug nothing up wrong.

This is what i have in parts.
    2 1/8 tees
    1 tee with two sides 1/4 and one side 1/8
    3 plugs with 1/8 opening on the end
    3 plugs no opening..

If some one can just tell me where each goes i have a rough idea but want to be certain i do it right.

Fernando

Thread Information