rxp-x knock sensor - gone

i think i`m the first ever to have this problem. good for me.
    if any of you get 'check eng` along with erorr code 0326 - your knock sensor is dead!
    have a good one!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    you are about the 1,000th person.... not the first, sorry to be the party pooper.

99% of the people that get the knock sensor code get it in the spring after the ski sat all winter and they run the ski on last years gas.

whats your circumstance? 08 X ski? was it winterized? how many hours on it? fresh gas? older gas that's been in there a couple months?

other small percentage attributed to corrosion, connections, salt, bad grounding.... something small and stupid.

i have never seen one get replaced because the sensor itself actually failed

I have the same issue. It has sort of old gas in it. I ride all winter, but I just recently moved, so it hasn't been riden for about a month and a half. I've gone through a couple tanks of gas and no fix. I'm going to check the resistance of the sensor and see if it really is bad (I'm quite sure it is).

About how much do people pay to get it fixed? I'm not sure I feel like working on it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    you are about the 1,000th person.... not the first, sorry to be the party pooper.

99% of the people that get the knock sensor code get it in the spring after the ski sat all winter and they run the ski on last years gas.

whats your circumstance? 08 X ski? was it winterized? how many hours on it? fresh gas? older gas that's been in there a couple months?

other small percentage attributed to corrosion, connections, salt, bad grounding.... something small and stupid.

Boy, there's a lot of these things going on? Is this an epidemic?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post

08 x ski, wasn`t winterized, 50 hours, one month old gas, salt water.
    what am i suppos to do if not replacing it?
    i can get a used one for 50$ (here a new one costs 250$!!!)

You might want to check the Order OEM Parts link on the left. I show a "Noise Sensor" for an '08 RXP 215-hp engine for $53.49... Ron

Thread Information