nozzle boring question - sn sj 61x

I have a sn sj with Group K 701 61x, Coffman sizzler, MSD enhancer and Solas I repitched to 13/17. I have never actually ridden the ski in this form - until last fall it was a stock 1990 633cc. So there should be a noticeable difference from before.

Would boring the nozzle a mm or two make a low end difference that you could actually feel, or is it more one of those of a theoretical improvements where every little bit helps so you might as well do it. (Like lightening an oem flywheel.)

I just read a thread here about how to bore a nozzle yourself, and I happen to have all the tools. Until now I had dismissed the idea of even bothering with it until I found out I could do it for free.

Welcome to the hulk, I read more than I post,but I know from reading here that the 87mm has a better holeshot than the 85mm on the 1300r's.I would check out Freeriders X-H20 they would probably know your ski and setup better?

Thanks for the info.

I post on the X all the time but didn't want to "wear out my welcome" there so I started checking out other sites. I did search before posting but nozzle size recommendations apparently depend heavily on specific ski configurations and I didn't find a config close to mine. I will keep looking around. Thanks again.

Are you talking about exit nozzle or steering nozzle?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkB8 View Post
    I have a sn sj with Group K 701 61x, Coffman sizzler, MSD enhancer and Solas I repitched to 13/17. I have never actually ridden the ski in this form - until last fall it was a stock 1990 633cc. So there should be a noticeable difference from before.

Would boring the nozzle a mm or two make a low end difference that you could actually feel, or is it more one of those of a theoretical improvements where every little bit helps so you might as well do it. (Like lightening an oem flywheel.)

I just read a thread here about how to bore a nozzle yourself, and I happen to have all the tools. Until now I had dismissed the idea of even bothering with it until I found out I could do it for free.

Exit nozzle, although I heard that Group K used to also bore the steering nozzle years ago. I can't see that making much difference, since the steering nozzle is already so much larger, at least on my ski - exit is 82 mm, steering is 87 mm.

+1

Cool

lots of the freestyle guys use the short pump cone

http://www.wetwolf.com/fscone.html

http://www.blowsion.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=YASJAC135

hope that help

later cd

+1
    welcome to the forum shark

Thread Information