Thread: Nanotechnology!

+1

Nanotechnology!

Just got back from the nearby Yamaha dealership looking for a few small items. I asked about the new GPR, not realizing there isn't one. Guess I'm behind the times.

Anyway, this kid shows me the FZR, or FXZ, or whatever the hell it is. Then he tells me about the new hull with "nanotechnology built right in". I, of course, ask him what that means. His response:

"Yamaha builds the hull, then puts it through this process that injects nanotechnology right into the SMC that changes it into a super-dense material. Then the hull expands back out to the original shape."

Me: "What does that do?"

Dipshit: "It makes it glide through the water much faster."

Ummm, ok. Then I look under the hull and see it has no trim tabs. So I say "Hey, this thing doesn't have trim tabs. What's up?"

Dipshit with a huge grin: "This thing is so awesome it doesn't even need trim tabs! Look! [putting his hand on the left side of the handle bar and twisting it] Now you can change the trim right here on the handlebars!"

Nice. WTF?

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

Gotta love the dipshit salesmen....

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Just got back from the nearby Yamaha dealership looking for a few small items. I asked about the new GPR, not realizing there isn't one. Guess I'm behind the times.

Anyway, this kid shows me the FZR, or FXZ, or whatever the hell it is. Then he tells me about the new hull with "nanotechnology built right in". I, of course, ask him what that means. His response:

"Yamaha builds the hull, then puts it through this process that injects nanotechnology right into the SMC that changes it into a super-dense material. Then the hull expands back out to the original shape."

Me: "What does that do?"

Dipshit: "It makes it glide through the water much faster."

WTF?

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunn...atercraft.aspx

LOL...you dont "inject" nanotechnology into anything. its a process of developing new nanomaterials with very small atomic structures that are stronger and contain better properties to suite our needs. I believe yamah call its new nanomaterial nanoexcel which it uses to manufacter its hulls and decks. Wikipedia had a long write up on this subject.

+1
    Tell Dipshit that I have electric trim (Tabs)

Thread Information