Pump extension tools req'd

So i just got my Pump extension thanks rxppete118 and its calling for certain tools pullers,support tools and what not. Does anyone whos done this mod know where to get these tools or know how to make something that works? Please let me know what all the knowledgeable people out there think?

+1
    Jason, this is the driveshaft tool you will need

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=645

If your shaft/slide ring isn't corroded then you can probably do without the tool. Just slide the ring back with your hand and pull the circlip.

+1
    The only "Special" tool i can think of for removal would be the driveshaft tool..Everthing else is regular hand tools..

And dont forget to put your pump and the new wear ring in the freezer..You will need to do this to remove the OEM wear ring and put in the new SS wear ring that comes with the kit..

thanks alot i was thinking and hoping that the d/s isn't corroded i guess i'll see soon. Its saying to pull the charger to what do you think the reason is for that?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstang88 View Post
    So i just got my Pump extension thanks rxppete118 and its calling for certain tools pullers,support tools and what not. Does anyone whos done this mod know where to get these tools or know how to make something that works? Please let me know what all the knowledgeable people out there think?
    I would not buy any tools to remove the c clip. Find you about a 3/4 to 1 inch spacer to drop down in prop where the shaft goes. Then reinstall pump and just snug up the bolts. Do not over tighten.
    Now you should be able to pull collar back on driveshaft with both hands and then remove c clip without the drive shaft moving.

Do the samething going back together.

The only tool you need for the setback pump mod is the long prop tool to install prop in pump and be able to tighten.

here is a few pics.

If you want more detailed pics you can go to "tested new mods with results" as i took many pics of the install of the set back pump mod. Will be about 3/4 of the way thru thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3638.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	856.5 KB 
ID:	121130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3640.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	718.7 KB 
ID:	121131   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3637.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	622.3 KB 
ID:	121132  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstang88 View Post
    thanks alot i was thinking and hoping that the d/s isn't corroded i guess i'll see soon. Its saying to pull the charger to what do you think the reason is for that?
    You do not have to remove SC. The only reason you might want to remove sc, is if the floating bearing on engine and boot comes off and you need to reinstall and check clamp.

You will have to remove air intake, and sc plumbing so that you can get to the acordian boot.

+1
    You also NEED to align your pump/motor and that will require the alignment tools.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    You also NEED to align your pump/motor and that will require the alignment tools.
    +1..This is something you seriously need to do when installing this kit...I would not install this without checking the alignment..

pump extension

I also changed to a solid front engine mount with the extension. This really threw the alignment out up and down. It was a good thing I checked it.

Thread Information