Thread: intercooler mod

intercooler mod

Can someone post the link to the diy intercooler mod from homedepo and if i got rid of one water box what size pipe do i need is it a 2.5 u pipe ?

+1
    its on another forum, don't know if allowed to post link to another forum ....just google 250x intercooler mod without drilling holes

+1
    it was posted on here a week or so ago
    search and you shall find all your questions answered

some reading for you http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...0x+intercooler

+1
    That's the first IC mod a lot of people did. It worked pretty well but not as good as the double bottom inlet IC mod. You use both fittings on the bottom of the IC as inlets and use the top fitting as the outlet. A little different hose routing but it works better than the original setup. You may have to search back to last summer but I'm sure there are some pics on here somewhere. MKaman up in Pa. posted some good pics of what he did.
    Marc's setup looked cleaner than any I've seen. You can also remove the hose running from the exhaust manifold to the IC. After you have done the IC mod, it serves no purpose. Remove the hose and plug off the fitting on the manifold. You won't see much of a gain from this mod untill you ride in the heat and humidity of summer. When summer comes, you'll be glad you did it.

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    I haven't done this but am very interested in proceeding.
    Marc, care to refresh us a bit my friend ??

Found an article about Craig Warners ski that was used in the LB2CAT-race and here it says: (http://www.jetskiworld.gr/articlevie...ng.php?id=2109)

"We did plug the fitting on the top of the intercooler and we plugged the corresponding hole in the exhaust manifold and removed that hose. The particular hose is primarily for flushing salt out."

Is that all you have to do, or do you have to do the reroutings and the T-fittings?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    Found an article about Craig Warners ski that was used in the LB2CAT-race and here it says: (http://www.jetskiworld.gr/articlevie...ng.php?id=2109)

"We did plug the fitting on the top of the intercooler and we plugged the corresponding hole in the exhaust manifold and removed that hose. The particular hose is primarily for flushing salt out."

Is that all you have to do, or do you have to do the reroutings and the T-fittings?
    The answer is on this thread. http://250xtech.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13

Or PM Mkaman

Quote Originally Posted by Kawi-Guy View Post
    I haven't done this but am very interested in proceeding.
    Marc, care to refresh us a bit my friend ??
    Sorry, just saw this tread.

I actually just re did both of mine to the double intake as the write up I did previously was a single feed.

I am sorry, I didn't take pictures of the redue.

In short, I ordered oem through hull fitting so to match the existing feed. Installed that on the opposite side so to look factory. The existing lower intake to remain the same. Remove 45 degree drain fitting and replace with 90 degree fitting as this allows the hose to head in the right direction of your new through hull fitting. Then route the top port (new drain) to the bottom existing through hull fitting. I had originally tee'd a flush point to the top port but have eliminated it in the redue. I removed the fitting from the manifold and pluged with a standard 3/8 brass plug. Then I taped the bar on the pump and used the fitting I removed from the manifold. I did drill the fitting so to match the holes in the existing fitting on the bar. (the manifold fitting is slightly more restricted) I want to closely equalize the water flow to the dual feeds.

I'll try and post some new pictures if someone still needs, happy to answer any questions. I was mearly the student on this mod, certainly not the orginator

+1
    I didn't gain any RPM's or speed from it, but the intercooler does stay very cool. The water is probably only 55-60* out right now so that might be why too.

Thread Information