Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RXP-X low rpms?

RXP-X low rpms?

i just changed out my stock rxp-x's stock prop and intake, got a 15/22r solas, and did kanaflex 4 inch.

I took the ski out today and i was only hitting 7700 rpms max.

Is this normal? ski has 4 hours on it on the clock.....but in reality like 8. (i had to take it in for service so early, they replaced the dess post and for some reason it reset the hours to 0)

What can i do to gain rpm's, or is it normal to not hit 8k till 10 hours on the clock?

+1
    My RXT-X increased rpm's by 40-60 everytime I went out until the 12-15 hour mark. I think you should be turning more then 7700 rpm's though. What speeds are you getting on GPS? If nothing else, swap props back and recheck rpm. You will also want to check the supercharger slip moment by removing the hose and trying to spin the impellor by hand. If you can make it spin then you have clutch washer issues and will need to pull the supercharger for inspection.

the thing is i was reaching 8k rpm's before the prop and intake install....

i read the 15-22 is good for the rxp-x, does anything else need to be done for the ski to spin the prop? intake grate?

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon132 View Post
    the thing is i was reaching 8k rpm's before the prop and intake install....

i read the 15-22 is good for the rxp-x, does anything else need to be done for the ski to spin the prop? intake grate?
    i think you have to much prop bro. its good if you are adding more power. i dont see where you added more power.

Quote Originally Posted by busa504 View Post
    i think you have to much prop bro. its good if you are adding more power. i dont see where you added more power.
    +1 That is my vote on the your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    +1 That is my vote on the your problem.
    What do I need to spin the prop then? From my understanding the 15-22 is what your supposed to go with on the x.

You can't really trust new impellers out-of-the-box. Yours needs less pitch. There's a thread in the Sea Doo How To section on impeller pitching... Ron

What do I need to spin the prop then? From my understanding the 15-22 is what your supposed to go with on the x.
    maybe thats if you ad an external ic or bigger sc impeller. i am not a px rider so i dont know much about the bike. all i know is 7700 is low rpm should be 8100. and its going to get even lower as it gets hotter so take some pitch out maybe 1.5mm .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by busa504 View Post
    maybe thats if you ad an external ic or bigger sc impeller. i am not a px rider so i dont know much about the bike. all i know is 7700 is low rpm should be 8100. and its going to get even lower as it gets hotter so take some pitch out maybe 1.5mm .
    The "X" ski's come with an external intercooler. Seems like he should be able to spin it. Unless you're at at high altitude like Denver or?

+1
    Are you still running the stock grate? If so do some searching and find what grate will suit you best. The stock one is really holding you back and you may gain a few rpms from that. You need to get rid of the stock flame arrester in the manifold.( There is a kit for this in the store.) Also you can do a 4in front intake Until you add a little power and get the r's up I would put the stock prop back in for break-in so that it can rev and break-in properly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information