Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

seadoo wont start....please help

hey guys, well today i decided to clean the internal fuel filter on my ski, it was a little dirty, i cleaned it with carb cleaner. i also decided to change the oil lines, because i dont really know if they are old or not, but i just dont want to take any chances. so i changed the oil lines, but when i tried to bleed the oil lines, i had lots of oil comming out from under neath the screw but the two oil lines still dont have oil, anyways i followed the instructions on the seadoo manuel, and it says to start the ski and let it idle on the hose while holding open the oil lever...i did just that, but now when im trying to start the ski all it does is turn over, but wont fire. i checked my sparkplugs, im getting spark, i poured premix into the carb and tried...nothing, i also poured some premix into the spark plug holes and still nothing. im really stummped about botht the oil lines and the non starting...please help guys...its an 03 gti le.

ok, i have an update...i got her fired with some new plugs but i still cant figure out how to get the oil back in the two lines...i tried bleeding it
    and i also turned the motor on for about 30 seconds while holding the oil arm wide open but i still dont have oil going into the 2 small lines...anyone?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboyr6 View Post
    ok, i have an update...i got her fired with some new plugs but i still cant figure out how to get the oil back in the two lines...i tried bleeding it
    and i also turned the motor on for about 30 seconds while holding the oil arm wide open but i still dont have oil going into the 2 small lines...anyone?

i recommend running premix(gas and oil mix) in the gas tank for a ride then check...also how did u bleed the system?

I bleed them all the time. It takes longer than a minute to get the oil all the way through to the end of the small lines. just spray some fogging oil into the air intake while you do it if you need to. Most of the time the engine is new when this is done and there is so much extra oil from assembly that it makes no difference

i opened up the screw and let it sit for awhile then i moved the arm up and down...but with all that, non of the air came out of the lines

+1
    The bleeder screw only bleeds the main supply line. This helps when you have changed an oil filter (though letting it sit overnight will do the trick too) but does nothing for the feeder lines to the engine.

As long as the bleeder screw is open you will not get oil into the feeders.

Your best bet would be to put a quart of oil in the gas tank and fill up behind it. Then, as Bob said, get some fogging oil in it to help smooth things out.

Make sure the bleeder is tight and not leaking. Then start it on the hose and hold the oil pump lever wide open. You will see the oil march up into the feeder lines one squirt at a time. They do not move a lot of oil so it will take a little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Badboyr6 View Post
    If you did everything which was previously mentioned and you still dont see Oil coming up the Injection Lines while the engine is running and while you hold the Oil Pump Lever wide open then maybe your Oil Pump is dead (???)
    (or you still have air inside the oil Pump)
    Last edited by David_HX_RXP; 03-15-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: xtra

yeah i threw some pre mix into the carb to make sure it was well oiled. i actually took off the small line and long behold i had a micrscopic cut in the hose, so i cut it off and put it back on. I then bled the oil pump once again, and it didnt work, so i turned the ski on and let it idle, and with holding the arm wide open i saw the oil start advancing. who knew that a small cut would let so much air in and take up so much time. thanks for all the replys

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    when I do this after a rebuild I take a little pump oil can and stick the tip in the line and fill the lines. the oil stays in the line and then reconnect. so you have to bleed just a little.

Smile

when i rebuild I run premix for first 2 or 3 tanks,When just replacing oil lines they hold such a small volume I put about a teaspoon of oil in the fuel filter ,start engine at idle hold oil lever fully open takes about 20 seconds or so to fill lines,bingo youre done.Actually all the ways are correct ,each person has his or her preference.as long as engine has oil getting to intake and mixing with fuel it makes no matter how you get it there.>Marvin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information