Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Factory Pipe stinger inserts

I am going to install these Stinger inserts and I have a question that I hope you guys could help me out on. They have a grove in them that looks like an O-ring or something goes in there. Do I need something for this groove or do these just slide in?

My bad - wrong piece

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaPat View Post
    U need Kevlar rings, contact factory pipe or riva
    No, no pat he is talking about the stinger inserts. The metal collars that go into the end of the stinger pipes.

STINGER INSERTS
    With the down stream exhaust system you will need to install smaller stingers into your existing Factory Pipe Triple Pipes. Locate (Items #9,10) Stinger inserts. These stingers are mandatory for proper performance gains with this kit. These stingers have been designed to slide into the inner jacket of your triple pipes. When stingers are in place you can use a punch to crimp the inside stinger jacket around the new stinger inserts. You may also choose to have these stinger inserts welded in. If you choose to weld them make sure to leave the water jacket open as water from the outer jacket cools the inner jacket. A couple of small welds will be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    No, no pat he is talking about the stinger inserts. The metal collars that go into the end of the stinger pipes.

STINGER INSERTS
    With the down stream exhaust system you will need to install smaller stingers into your existing Factory Pipe Triple Pipes. Locate (Items #9,10) Stinger inserts. These stingers are mandatory for proper performance gains with this kit. These stingers have been designed to slide into the inner jacket of your triple pipes. When stingers are in place you can use a punch to crimp the inside stinger jacket around the new stinger inserts. You may also choose to have these stinger inserts welded in. If you choose to weld them make sure to leave the water jacket open as water from the outer jacket cools the inner jacket. A couple of small welds will be sufficient.
    Where did you find this info at? I have been looking for some type of instruction sheet but with no luck. Anybody got pictures?

http://www.factorypipe.com/media/ins...ha/1200GPR.pdf
    http://www.factorypipe.com/media/ins...a/Gprwater.pdf

The GPRwaterbox has the instructions for the inserts. You dont have to use the inserts unless you are running the factory waterbox.
    Let me know if they come up. They were too big to post as an attachment.

Cool. I did not look at the water box install on the website. So basically you put these in each end of your stinger and then just punch the stinger to hold them in place? It is hard to tell if it goes in the pipe or in the stinger from these instructions. I have six of them so it does not make sense that they go in the pipe.

Thanks!!!

ok..after looking at this it seems like I only need three not 6. I guess I have three extra. It looks like they go into the pipe and then you "crimp" the stinger to hold them in place. That should be fun......

Yup If you dont need the other three I will take them off your hands. Let me know. Pm me on a price. Also the stingers just give you a little more back pressure because the use of the less restrictive waterbox.

Let me get it all back together and running and then I will look into off loading the extras. I will give you first dibs at them when I do. Thanks for your help.

I call 2nd dibbs if kris doesn't want them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information