Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

sho/fzr oil filter

Does anyone know if theres any other oil filters that fit our motors? Id like to be able to just run down the street to get one for the normal $4-$5, instead of $23. With all the modding going on lately im sure everyone could benefit from knowing this.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentwizard View Post
    Does anyone know if theres any other oil filters that fit our motors? Id like to be able to just run down the street to get one for the normal $4-$5, instead of $23. With all the modding going on lately im sure everyone could benefit from knowing this.

Excellent question Dent......we have to figure out a cheaper alternative. Hrmmmmmmmmm.......

And on that note.....what type of Synthetic oil would u guys recommend to transition over from the Yamalube....besides Amsoil which is like what......12 dollars quart?

im gonna go to the garage and right the number down, maybe i can cross-reference it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    Excellent question Dent......we have to figure out a cheaper alternative. Hrmmmmmmmmm.......

And on that note.....what type of Synthetic oil would u guys recommend to transition over from the Yamalube....besides Amsoil which is like what......12 dollars quart?
    Royal Purple is $9/qt. I use it in our race car and it seems to defy logic, even under race-only conditions the engines do not seem to wear. I cut open the filters at each oil change and there is never any metal in the filter. They have a great video on their site. In addition, many of the engine building publications show that it gets you 1 to 2 % hp increase over what they call the most popular synthetic. It used to be hard to get, but, NAPA now carries it.

sierra part # 18-7906

Thats the only one ive found so far.

Well I hit the jackpot, I found filters from about every company out there. I put in the sierra number on frams website and this is what I found. You can scroll down on the competitor list to find which brand you prefer. http://www.power-21.com/FramPower21i...?b=F&pn=PH4967

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentwizard View Post
    Well I hit the jackpot, I found filters from about every company out there. I put in the sierra number on frams website and this is what I found. You can scroll down on the competitor list to find which brand you prefer. http://www.power-21.com/FramPower21i...?b=F&pn=PH4967
    Great job Dent!!

and thx for the oil info Jack.....looks like i'm hitting NAPA today!!

+1
    I will be running Amsoil. I am not going cheap on the oil. It's the life blood of the motor. Saving $25 per oil change is not alot of savings on a $12,000+ PWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    Great job Dent!!

and thx for the oil info Jack.....looks like i'm hitting NAPA today!!
    This is debatable, but, you probably don't want the RP in the engine during break-in. It could be too slippery to promote ring sealing. I am going to run 1-2 hours with the factory oil and then will change it to RP.

Does anyone have a trick to keep the oil out of the bilge when the filter is changed. BTW the NAPA brand filters are WIX, which are whole bunch better than Fram.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    This is debatable, but, you probably don't want the RP in the engine during break-in. It could be too slippery to promote ring sealing. I am going to run 1-2 hours with the factory oil and then will change it to RP.

Does anyone have a trick to keep the oil out of the bilge when the filter is changed. BTW the NAPA brand filters are WIX, which are whole bunch better than Fram.

I crossed the WIX, it was a 57000. The racing filter is a 57000R. NAPA should have the same part numbers, but, not in a WIX box.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information