04 GTX-SC Red Supercharger

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum and have been reading about the washer issues which is something I will be taking care of ASAP. I started looking over my new-to-me ski. I noticed that the SC is red. Most of the pictures I have seen on here the SC is black. I bought the ski from a dealer which I had asked them if the SC had the rebuild done yet which they said it did not. Can anyone shed some light on the red SC? I am just worried the thing already had problems and someone had to get a new one.

THanks!

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome. The '04 superchargers were in fact painted red, so it is probably original.

Thanks! That is good.

+1
    red is original, however, since its a 2004 it probably has ceramic washers. so the SC needs to be rebuilt using a 2008 rebuild kit. then you get metal washers along with all the required rebuild stuff.
    that is a good time to get a greenwheel or similar to boost performance!!!!
    might want to ask a dealer to check vin service history, to see if any work has been done to the ski, especially SC work. most dealers will print you a copy of the service history, if you promise its just for your own personal records. especially since they just sold you the ski. how many hours on the ski???
    have you ridden it yet??
    what are your max rpm??
    how is holeshot??
    does it have aluminum pump housing??

+1
    welcome to the forum

Thanks for the advice! I will have to ask the dealer for details on all the work on the ski. It has 76 hours on the hour meter. I just rode it today as a quick test ride. I was getting about 7800rpm (I think). I am not positive on the RPM but probably close. The holeshot is pretty good, it kicked me back on the seat. I am not sure on the pump housing. Is there some easy way to tell? I do plan on getting the metal washers replaced. Do you think I need to get it completely rebuilt? I was going to ride it one more time and then pull the super charger and have Jerry take care of the washers.

Thanks!

Another thing, is why would I want to get the 2008 rebuild kit and then get the metal washers, rather than the 04 kit that includes metal washers?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CDENsomnia View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I will have to ask the dealer for details on all the work on the ski. It has 76 hours on the hour meter. I just rode it today as a quick test ride. I was getting about 7800rpm (I think). I am not positive on the RPM but probably close. The holeshot is pretty good, it kicked me back on the seat. I am not sure on the pump housing. Is there some easy way to tell? I do plan on getting the metal washers replaced. Do you think I need to get it completely rebuilt? I was going to ride it one more time and then pull the super charger and have Jerry take care of the washers.

Thanks!
    The GTX-SC (185 HP) should be run at 7600 RPM. GPS your speeds. --J

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by CDENsomnia View Post
    Another thing, is why would I want to get the 2008 rebuild kit and then get the metal washers, rather than the 04 kit that includes metal washers?
    the 08 and 09 kit when its out come with metal washers already the 03 to 07 kits have ceramic washers(no good) mine went on my 07 in less then 2 hours.

+1
    at 76 hours you might as well rebuild entire SC, not just replace washers only.
    complete rebuild kit(all new kits come with metal washers already) $300
    washers alone 100ish
    it is recommended to completely rebuild SC's at 100hrs.
    kits vary by engine hp. not so much by year.
    185 GTX SC
    215 RXP RXT GTX limited
    255 RXPX RXTX

Thread Information