Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,548
    +1
    4,766

    Space Shuttle Launch WOW!

    Did anyone see this launch tonight? It was just getting dark...
    My Nikon was at the office, but I think this was the most beautiful launch I have ever seen tonight, ran down to the dock and shot these with my cheap camera... the sun setting in the west lit up the plume with orange and red color and you could easily see the shuttle drop the solid rocket boosters without the binoculars, just awesome, 2 photos below...





  2. #2
    gorilla03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    stevens point wi
    Posts
    3,774
    +1
    5
    GREAT PICS!!!

    i havent been down to florida to see a shuttle launch since i was a real little kid...the rest of my family is down there and got to see it....

  3. #3
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    As long as there was no big boom its good in my book.

    Awesome pics, Yo.

  4. #4
    SHO What????? jpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    720
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Did anyone see this launch tonight? It was just getting dark...
    My Nikon was at the office, but I think this was the most beautiful launch I have ever seen tonight, ran down to the dock and shot these with my cheap camera... the sun setting in the west lit up the plume with orange and red color and you could easily see the shuttle drop the solid rocket boosters without the binoculars, just awesome, 2 photos below...



    Yes, it was beautiful!!!
    If you click on the horizontal photo you can see 3 dots in the upper left. The single dot is the shuttle, the two dots are the boosters...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2227.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	121274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2232.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	933.9 KB 
ID:	121275  

  5. #5
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    I have always wanted to see a launch in person, great pics !

  6. #6
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,548
    +1
    4,766
    Nice shots jpack!
    Did you get out today, it was BEAUTIFUL but a few more weeks and we won't have enough water to get out of the river...

  7. #7
    SHO What????? jpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    720
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Nice shots jpack!
    Did you get out today, it was BEAUTIFUL but a few more weeks and we won't have enough water to get out of the river...
    No, I went out on Tuesday, it is getting scary low....

  8. #8
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,548
    +1
    4,766
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    As long as there was no big boom its good in my book.

  9. #9
    I AM A VERMIN icerat4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CRYSTAL LAKE IL
    Posts
    5,098
    Awesome Yo

  10. #10
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    I could see it plain as day from my place on the west coast. I was suprised how well I could see it being a day time launch. It was pretty cool seeing it drop the boosters from hear also. Amazing!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Highway robbery Sayreville daily Launch $40..wow!
    By jetdave56 in forum Jersey Riders
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-29-2015, 11:15 AM
  2. Space Shuttle launch--who watched?
    By KEYZBUM in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 10:41 PM
  3. Space shuttle night lanch pics
    By Alex13 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 02:55 PM
  4. Shuttle Atlantis launch pics
    By MikeB in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 09:26 PM
  5. How to launch your RXP
    By Bambeezer in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 10:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •