Thread: Best Tire

Best Tire

Hey guys,
    I am going to replace my tires this year on my trailer. What are the best brand of trailer tires and where can you buy them.
    Thanks alot

+1
    what size?

+1

Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am going to replace my tires this year on my trailer. What are the best brand of trailer tires and where can you buy them.
    Thanks alot

Carlisle's is good....I have put 6 on 2 different trailers w/o any issues and they are reasonably priced....These tires can be bought at Walmart or any mom and pop tire stores...

DG

gotcha... i think they are 13's... my trailer is 4 hours away. Thanks for the info.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I had a vibration issue with the 12 inch Carlisle ST tires (Load Range E) that were OEM on my 2008 Triton WC2 double trailer.

I changed to 13 inch Goodyear Marathon tires (which are bias ply, not radials) and they work well for me.

It is hard to find an ST rated trailer tire that is not made in China these days.

+1
    Can you change from a oem St 145 r 12 e to a 13" tire without any mods to the fender? It's a 2016 Elite wc2 . Fender has a step on either side of it. I'm currently experiencing no problems with the 12" but would like your thoughts on switching over to the 13" prior to me purchasing a spare.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence (RI) View Post
    Can you change from a oem St 145 r 12 e to a 13" tire without any mods to the fender? It's a 2016 Elite wc2 . Fender has a step on either side of it. I'm currently experiencing no problems with the 12" but would like your thoughts on switching over to the 13" prior to me purchasing a spare.
    When I changed to 13" wheels (GOODYEAR MARATHON® ST175/80R-13" RADIAL Tire/Painted Rim, L.R. C) and I found that the tires on my double Triton Elite would rub under the fenders, but only when going over hard bumps in the road. On smooth roads there was no problem but over time I could see the rub marks accumulating inside the fenders.

I jacked the trailer frame up off the axle (removed two bolts, each side) and inserted 1/2 thick aluminum spacers (flat bar stock) between the trailer frame and the bracket for the torsion axle, one long flat spacer on each side. The spacer is slightly longer than the axle bracket with holes drilled to clear the axle mounting bolts.

The added 1/2" of clearance under the fender was just enough.

I considered just raising the fenders higher to clear the tires but then the fenders would be too close to my hull bottom. That would then cause me to raise the bunks by at least 1/2". I decided to raise the entire trailer frame instead.

Thread Information