Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Topspeed of RXT-X?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what is the actual GPS'd top speed of these new beastly sea-doos!

I want to know if I should be concerned if I run into one of these rides on the lake this summer.

My GP1200R is lightly modded and does anywhere from 68-71mph. I hope these new beasts don't spank me b/c then I will have to mod my ski more! LOL

+1
    From reading the musclecraft shootout it read that the RXT-X did on average 67.7mph?

If that is correct... isn't the new RXT-X just as fast as your older supercharged RXP?

B/c last time I check the RXP is in that range of speed?? Correct me if I'm wrong..........?

+1
    I have a stock powered T-X and ran 75+ this winter and will run 73 + in summer with awesome acceleration.my ski was running around 70 mph bone stock!
    There pretty impressive skis.

Quote Originally Posted by stifun View Post
    From reading the musclecraft shootout it read that the RXT-X did on average 67.7mph?

If that is correct... isn't the new RXT-X just as fast as your older supercharged RXP?

B/c last time I check the RXP is in that range of speed?? Correct me if I'm wrong..........?
    That's right, because of the manufacturer's cap the top-speed on all stock PWC's is 65mph or somewhere within that range. The new RXT-X will out accelerate the RXP, it has amazing acceleration. Also, it only takes a new intake grate and impeller to get it over 70mph.

Banned User
    Most stock RXT's not X's run 66mph avg. with just filling the ride plate holes and truing the plate and grate, with about 20 bucks for the hole works, My stock powered RXT runs almost 71 with just intake, prop, wedge, and a few other small bolt ons.

+1
    That is great man... those ski's are quick! So is it safe to say that BONE STock these ski's go GPS 70mph then??? Or what would you say?? I was guessing somewhere b/w 68-70mph bone stock...???

One thing is for certain.. No way in hell will I race an RXT-X from a stop, b/c I know I will lose... I will race one from a roll like around 30 or 40mph b/c that is the only way I will stand a chance. GP's have good mid range once modded, but our hole shot is weak! Unless I change my grate.....

+1
    A picture is worth a thousand words...

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    A picture is worth a thousand words...

Gotta love it! Even the 215hp is in front of the others!

+1
    I see that.... lol! I can't wait to race one out on the lake... finally something fast I can run. I have beaten countless RXP's.... now there's something lurking that is stupid fast!

If indeed they run GPS bone stock 70mph.... then I will need to be the lighter rider out of both of us if I want to stand a chance.

Hopefully, I run into someone who is fatter then me so I can have the upperhand! LOL

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by stifun View Post
    That is great man... those ski's are quick! So is it safe to say that BONE STock these ski's go GPS 70mph then??? Or what would you say?? I was guessing somewhere b/w 68-70mph bone stock...???

One thing is for certain.. No way in hell will I race an RXT-X from a stop, b/c I know I will lose... I will race one from a roll like around 30 or 40mph b/c that is the only way I will stand a chance. GP's have good mid range once modded, but our hole shot is weak! Unless I change my grate.....

Bone stock a RXP-X will go 68 to 70 and even from the 30 to 40 mph to 60 have killer accel, the RXT-X will go 0-50 in 2.9 sec. so its even less for a RXP-X so watch out, i have raced a 1300r from a stop and pull about 3 skis on him out of the hole and at top speed keep 3 to 4 on him, now he only has a grate, and carb rejet, head with domes, and prop so if u have more u stand a better chance but not against the X's, but i might be wrong ur ski might run better or be tuned better. Its all a crap shoot till u do it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information