Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Prop Confusion Please help

Every time I think i have found the correct answer for prop i find new info that make sme second guess myself.

I have a 05 GTX Limited SCIC. It has a RIVA stage I, Gen II Vortec SC wheel, Rotax Racing waterbox mod (gutted the box), and Riva thru hull rear exhaust. I am currently running a Solas concord 14/17 R. I am an intercooler away from stage II. I will be adding the RIVA external intercooler soon and my question is:

What prop do i use to take full advantage of the power mods (extra boost from IC). I know the 14/17 is fine with my current set up. The confusion comes in with Solas' chart that shows a 13/19 for stage II RXTs but only shows Stage I for GTX. The bikes are pretty much the same with the exception of some luxury accesories like the depth finder so i don't even know why their is a seperate category on the chart.

I think that a 13/19 is what i need, but through my readings i noticed that GH advised an RXP rider to go to 15/20 when he added the power cooler. I would assume that the RXP is running at different RPMs.

I am more concerned with holeshot than top end, but i prefer to have the best of both worlds. Can someone please ease my mind so i can order the prop(er) part?

If you ride in salt water, you may want to consider the Fizzle IC. The Riva units have been known to fail quickly if used in salt water - especially if they were not flushed properly. The Fizzle IC will save you lots of money too... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by zerowake View Post
    Every time I think i have found the correct answer for prop i find new info that make sme second guess myself.

I have a 05 GTX Limited SCIC. It has a RIVA stage I, Gen II Vortec SC wheel, Rotax Racing waterbox mod (gutted the box), and Riva thru hull rear exhaust. I am currently running a Solas concord 14/17 R. I am an intercooler away from stage II. I will be adding the RIVA external intercooler soon and my question is:

What prop do i use to take full advantage of the power mods (extra boost from IC). I know the 14/17 is fine with my current set up. The confusion comes in with Solas' chart that shows a 13/19 for stage II RXTs but only shows Stage I for GTX. The bikes are pretty much the same with the exception of some luxury accesories like the depth finder so i don't even know why their is a seperate category on the chart.

I think that a 13/19 is what i need, but through my readings i noticed that GH advised an RXP rider to go to 15/20 when he added the power cooler. I would assume that the RXP is running at different RPMs.

I am more concerned with holeshot than top end, but i prefer to have the best of both worlds. Can someone please ease my mind so i can order the prop(er) part?
    i ran a 13/19 with my set up. it is the same thing you have except i had the FIZZ ic and greenwheel. ran gr8 for me

Thanks for the help. And i only ride in fresh water, but thanks for the advice King. I am new to modding my skis, and i'm pretty anal so i like to have three or four credible sources in a consensus before I dive into something i don't know much about! I will say these 4 tecs are pretty straight forward and easy to work on. As far as the technical data i still have a lot fo reading to do!

Thanks again

+1
    GH advised an RXP rider to go to 15/20 when he added the power cooler. I would assume that the RXP is running at different RPMs.
    You will want the 15/20 on your ski with the intercooler. RXP runs at the same RPM as your RXT.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    The Riva units have been known to fail quickly if used in salt water
    Ron, that is the old Vortech intercooler they used to use. They have been using the X model intercooler in their kits for almost a year now. There are no problems with this intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You will want the 15/20 on your ski with the intercooler. RXP runs at the same RPM as your RXT.

Ron, that is the old Vortech intercooler they used to use. They have been using the X model intercooler in their kits for almost a year now. There are no problems with this intercooler.

Thank you,
    Goodthing i didn't order yet! Why would some be recomending the 13/19? That seems to be the opposite direction of where i need to go on the prop

Exclamation debate on impeller

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

Busa504 contest that i need the 13/19 and is under the impression you think im on a different bike. seems to me you have clearly read the entire thread, but i just wanted to check and see if we can come to a consensus. I'm riding a GTX SCIC. I will be at RIVA stage 2 when i need to buy new prop. Are you still saying 15/20 is the way to go?

Busa: if you are reading, no offense, i have to trust Jerry on this, but perhaps their is something we are all missing.

Busa504 contest that i need the 13/19 and is under the impression you think im on a different bike. seems to me you have clearly read the entire thread, but i just wanted to check and see if we can come to a consensus. I'm riding a GTX SCIC. I will be at RIVA stage 2 when i need to buy new prop. Are you still saying 15/20 is the way to go?

Busa: if you are reading, no offense, i have to trust Jerry on this, but perhaps their is something we are all missing.
    no offense taken at all just telling you what i was running on my rxt stage 2 i sent you a link to rivas website showing you what prop comes with the rxt/gtx stage 2 kit. CHECK IT OUT http://www.rivayamaha.com/pwc_perf_p...t_stg2_kit.asp side note: i wasnt able to pull a 15/20 till i put an x scer in my ski!

with riva, solas, my first instinct, and riders all saying 13/19 i can't see why it is not the way to go.

Thanks for you help everybody! Still wondering where the confusion is, though. Jerry, if you read this please help me understand the conflicting information.

+1
    Yes, i know Riva recommends the 13/19 for the stage 2 kit but If it was my GTX LTD (215HP) running those mods i would be running the 15/20R impeller.
    I have even tried the 14/19R on a RXT with a stage 2 kit but liked the 15/20 better.

If your RPM's are a bit low then no big deal just slightly depitch the trailing edge to achieve 8100 RPM's. It's very easy to do.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2614

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information