Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RRFPR findings

+1

RRFPR findings

I took the gauge off my regulator and mounted it in the glove box and then ran a piece of fuel line from it to the regulator. I tested it on the hose and it seemed to be reading fine. Finally got to take the ski out for the first ride of the year last week. Set a base pressure of 52 psi and took off. As the charger started to make boost I noticed my fuel pressure gauge was not rising. So I went back home and put 10 PSI of air to the boost reference line on the reg. to test it and the fuel pressure came up about 10 psi at idle. So I new that the reg was working. So I went back out the next day and rode and still the gauge did not rise w/ the boost. But I did notice that my A/F #s looked good all the way to 8100 RPM. So that told me that the reg was probally working. So Iwent home and moved the gauge back to the stock location and w/ out touching anything else the gauge now read 70 PSI at idle. So the fuel pressure went up from 58 PSI w/ the gauge mounted in the glove box to 70 PSI mounted in the stock location. For some reason it will not read accuratly w/ a piece of fuel line attached to gauge. Just a little FYI for anybody else who may have tried this and thinks there reg. is bad. The pics below are of the setup I had that did not work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Doo stuff 002.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	759.7 KB 
ID:	121393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Doo stuff 003.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	713.7 KB 
ID:	121394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Doo stuff 004.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	816.4 KB 
ID:	121395  

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I'd try a more accurate gauge... something doesn't sound right here

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Hi Gold,

This is a mystery. I've tested mine with the gauges mounted remotely and they were fine.

Also, I'm confused why, after returning the gauge to the regulator, the gauge read 70 lbs at idle. It should have read the base pressure (52 lbs.?) or slightly less due to vacuum at idle.

Did you monitor the boost at the same time?

+1
    Yes, I watched the boost. And when the boost came up the the fuel pressure gauge did not come up. I know the reg. is working though because the charger made 14.4 PSI at 8200 RPM and I was not lean. My A/F at that RPM was right at 11.0 thats on the rich side. Im getting pitch added to my prop right now thats why I havent been back out on the water yet. But it appers that for some reason the gauge on my ski was not reading correctly mounted in that location?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    Yes, I watched the boost. And when the boost came up the the fuel pressure gauge did not come up. I know the reg. is working though because the charger made 14.4 PSI at 8200 RPM and I was not lean. My A/F at that RPM was right at 11.0 thats on the rich side. Im getting pitch added to my prop right now thats why I havent been back out on the water yet. But it appers that for some reason the gauge on my ski was not reading correctly mounted in that location?
    I know its hard to read the gauge at WOT when its mounted to the regulator... but have you tried that to make sure the regulator is boosting your fuel pressure

+1
    The gauge dosent show it but it has to be working because my A/F stayed good. If it wasent working i would have been way lean w/ that much boost.

+1
    The gauge dosent show it but it has to be working because my A/F stayed good. If it wasent working i would have been way lean w/ that much boost.
    You should still see at least a 5 psi. increase from you base pressure at WOT... I've been down this road to Have you installed a walbro 255lph fuel pump If not... you might want to consider it

+1
    No new fuel pump yet. But your right!! I may need one.

+1
    No new fuel pump yet. But your right!! I may need one.
    That's the only thing that finally got mine to boost fuel pressure... somewhat

+1
    Interesting! I'm going to try remote mounting an analog gauge on my RXP and see if there is any pressure difference from the gauge mounted directly on the regulator itself.

This will have to wait until tomorrow though as my ECU is at Powerchip getting flashed. Will let you know how it goes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information