?? about sluggishness

With all the issues i have had with this 06 gpr, i have accepted the fact that it has caused alot of grief.

but now for the question... I have had it on the water afew times now, and i am wondering about the fact that my ski runs really sluggish til i hit the 5k rpm mark, then it just takes off... is it supposed to go from turtle to rabbit without a smoother transition in between? my ski is totally stock for now, i want to get a good feel for it before i start upping it. would a pump seal kit and/or the solas 14/20 improve low end performance?

thanks for the input...

Re: ?? about sluggishness

Quote Originally Posted by dogger
    With all the issues i have had with this 06 gpr, i have accepted the fact that it has caused alot of grief.

but now for the question... I have had it on the water afew times now, and i am wondering about the fact that my ski runs really sluggish til i hit the 5k rpm mark, then it just takes off... is it supposed to go from turtle to rabbit without a smoother transition in between? my ski is totally stock for now, i want to get a good feel for it before i start upping it. would a pump seal kit and/or the solas 14/20 improve low end performance?

thanks for the input...
    Does it do it when you go to WOT quickly? Can you slowly squeez the throtle and it gradualy build speed fine? If so that's my wifes '05 does... It dogs bad when you quickly go to WOT. It seems to get better when it worms up.

no.. it is sluggish when i gradually raise the rpms... my buddy was laughing at me on his seadoo... his ski has a smooth proportion of speed vs rpms... of course i just bring it up over 5k and leave his jaw dropping trying to keep up...

i ddint know if the 1300 has weak power uintil it hits around 5k rpms, like a typical 2 strokes "powerband" and if there was anything i can do to smooth it out while cruising thru the channels in jersey... i get left behind the pack, and if i get the throttle too high, it will rocket past and in the narrow channels, its not the greeatest idea...

+1
    thats exactly why we mod our gp's

Thread Information