Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb RIVA Racing HydroDrag SUMMER National

Hi Race Fans,

As we are preparing for the first of the 2009 RIVA Racing HydroDrag Series Spring National, we are certainly working on the SUMMER NATIONAL.

We are looking at two venue right now that fit our criteria and have narrowed down to a few with two leading locations, one in the Lake Lanier area (NE of Atlanta) of Georgia, and one near Montgomery, AL. We are strongly leaning towards Northern Georgia. Just want to get any thoughts, we know there is no shortage of those here. We would like some goods ones though.

Also for the Spring Nationals, we are going to sign for the block of rooms tomorrow, and not signed at this moment (which means things could always change, but it is looking like the New Best Western in Sebastian, FL as the host hotel. Stumbling distance from Captain Hirams Sand Bar.

Ride Fast, Radie Hard, Ride Smart
    WaterTop
    Last edited by systemerror; 03-16-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: mistype

Georgia would be my vote. More people can get there, have to consider the North East Boys.

+1
    Good luck with the Corp of engineers No kidding.

+1
    You have mail

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    AL, GA it dont matter maybe next year we could have them at both and have a 4 race series if everything pans out this year TIM. You never know. Let me know about the best western rooms as I have not booked them yet and if you are getting a deal let me know....

+1
    My good thought for the day is to start a poll listing the 2 options. My vote would be for Georgia.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterTop View Post
    Hi Race Fans,

Also for the Spring Nationals, we are going to sign for the block of rooms tomorrow, and not signed at this moment (which means things could always change, but it is looking like the New Best Western in Sebastian, FL as the host hotel. Stumbling distance from Captain Hirams Sand Bar.

Ride Fast, Radie Hard, Ride Smart
    WaterTop
    this was posted three days ago do we have definative information concerning a host hotel and discounts for attendees for this block purchase?????????? thanks in advance

The host hotel for the 2009 Spring National is officially announced as Captain Hirams in Sebastian, Florida. We searched and negotiatied with all of the closest hotels (and there are not many) to get the best rates possible, with ammenities such as restaurants, supplies, parking, breakfast included, etc. and Captain Hirams matched our best rate offers elsewhere so it Captain Hirams it is. The block code is HYDRO or the front desk/reservations will also offer the discount rate when "watertop hydrodrag is referred to.

Get your registrations in early it will help all of us out to get all this done early...
    thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterTop View Post
    The host hotel for the 2009 Spring National is officially announced as Captain Hirams in Sebastian, Florida. We searched and negotiatied with all of the closest hotels (and there are not many) to get the best rates possible, with ammenities such as restaurants, supplies, parking, breakfast included, etc. and Captain Hirams matched our best rate offers elsewhere so it Captain Hirams it is. The block code is HYDRO or the front desk/reservations will also offer the discount rate when "watertop hydrodrag is referred to.

Get your registrations in early it will help all of us out to get all this done early...
    thanks
    thanks for the information!

I would love to see the Drags at Lanier since it's only a couple of hours away from me, but I'm thinking that unless you know of some spot on the lake that doesn't have 3-4 ft cruiser wakes or have enough pull to get an entire cove sealed off, it would have to be held on a Tuesday to get water calm enough to drag race on.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information