+1

impeller help needed

alright im gona do a little bit of work this year to the ski and wanted to pick up a new impeller. any way i was looking at the solas web page and trying to figure out the best one to fit my ski (gp800r) and it says YF-CD-11/14* and
    YF-CD-11/14# whats the diffrence? i was also reading this in the new products part.
    High Thrust Concord Impeller specially designed for Yamaha GP 800R, XLT 800. This impeller improves the acceleration and offers excellent top end performance. For XL700, Solas also offers similar YD-CD-11/14 for better performance
    http://www.solas.com/newweb/pwcprodu...001&SwType=pro

Props are designed to give your higher performance when you do certain modifications... you might want to start in the performance forum and list your mods or intended mods and go from there

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zpeters View Post
    Props are designed to give your higher performance when you do certain modifications... you might want to start in the performance forum and list your mods or intended mods and go from there
    i believe these are the stock pitches i was told that the solas impellers are more efficient and have a better design then the stock impeller. plus i could probably use a new one.

but why not upgrade such features as the intake grate, maybe some other bolt ons and get yourself some upgraded performance...

+1
    A solas concord prop will help out all around, even on a stock ski. However Zpeters is absolutely correct that a lot of mods work together for better results. As soon as you do certain mods, you will have to repitch that prop or possibly get a higher pitched prop. I am on my 3rd prop in a year, because I bought the prop first, then added mods, then compression and timing, etc. Look over all the forum and get a plan together of what you want out of your ski.

+1
    im going to add power filters maybe and this is a big maybe letter on increase the compression 10 psi. besides that all the rest are going to be hull mods. i have an ss 800 grate on the way as well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    im going to add power filters maybe and this is a big maybe letter on increase the compression 10 psi. besides that all the rest are going to be hull mods. i have an ss 800 grate on the way as well.
    Personally I do not think the SS 800 grate will be beneficial to you. Its almost like a mix between an 800 and 1200 grate from my research. It was made for the fast 1200 and 1300's. Others please chime in on this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike's GPR View Post
    Personally I do not think the SS 800 grate will be beneficial to you. Its almost like a mix between an 800 and 1200 grate from my research. It was made for the fast 1200 and 1300's. Others please chime in on this.
    to my understanding there are only slight changes made to the grate. like the bars are thinner other wise they are the same and from pictures i have it would indicate that they are verry similar. do i need an ss grate no. but i figured i can grind on it and every thing else and not have to worry about it.

r&d on the left and ss on the right

from my eye it looks like maybe a little bit of curvature is taken out of the wing but very slightly if any, the bars are thinner and some of the casting lines on the ss are smoother.

Thread Information