Thread: Stupid Question

Stupid Question

Hey guys, I have a speedster 200 and had a speedster 150. I want to know if these boats can be docked in the water instead of having to launch it each time and take it out of the water. The reason I ask is everytime I am chilling in the water (on both boats) the bildge pump would go off and pump out water every 10 or so min. Is this normal?

+1
    no mine never comes on check you carbon seal. and no you shouldnt leave it in the waterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. buy and airdock there cheap, I might be getting one 12 or1500 for my 150. My friend pulls his 31ft scarab in and out every weekend, it isnt that bad to pull them out. Pluse it will help protect your investment. Really no boat should ever be left in the water for long periods of time, but people do. I will leave mine in for the weekend. I left it in for a week once when i was on holidays and useing it everyday, But its was starting to get dirty and needed a quick scrub.

That sucks. Why do I see all sorts of boats at the docks. The only thing I really care about is draining the battery so if the bildge doesn't come on every 10 min I am prob gonna dock it. Big pain in the ass to take it out all the time. PS: Where you from in Ontario?

+1
    After about a week the hull will be dirty and stained a yellow puke colour. Trust me dont leave it in the water it will wreck it and it can cause osmosis and wear out the pump components quicker and not to mention affect your top speed. Where do you plane to dock it cottage or rent a slip? I live in london but have a cottage on longpoint bay where about are you from? If you dont want to pull it in and out all the time your best bet would be to rent a slip with a hoist. I know its a pain to pull it in and out all the time but youll be spending alot of time cleaning it at the end of the season.

As far as the frequency of the bilge pump coming on when left in the water, every 10 minutes or so would definitely indicate some kind of abnormal leakage. All boats, if left in the water will take on water, but it should not take on that much. In my younger days, we always left our boats in and never had any issues. Nowadays, all our boats with the exception of the pontoon are on lifts so it doesn't really matter. As for the staining, that really depends on the water. Our lake is spring fed and according to a study performed by the Indiana DNR, the water completely changes every 300 days. It is also very close to a Continental Divide so there's little opportunity for any runoff from farms or whatever. It's extremely clean and has never caused any staining . After 6 months, the pontoon will have very little growth on it. We never let it get to that stage though. We'll usually clean it (in water) every month so it doesn't become an issue.

I am from ottawa. I plan to doc it @ Britannia if you know where that is. There are 100s of boats there (mostly sailboats) so I guess that is why I don't see any Seadoo boats.

Thread Information