Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone watch this???

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/dea...arm/index.html

As a farmer I'm just kinda curious if there are any opinions

+1
    All the farmers I have ever known treated their farm animals better then most people treat their pets. I haven't watched the film but I do think ALL animals should be treated humanely, even if their slated for the slaughter house. I'm not a tree hugger or anything like that. I love to hunt and enjoy any kind of wild game meat. But I also love nature in every form and can't stand to see people treat animals like an inanimate object just because they aren't human and therefore aren't deserving. Just my .02.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fst4tek View Post
    http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/dea...arm/index.html

As a farmer I'm just kinda curious if there are any opinions
    I farm also...grain only,but every time i see shit like this I have to laugh...F'ing PETA. wanna see something funny go to you tube and watch "meet your meat" i laughed histarically for the whole show poor little piggies blah, blah,blah! its food for you and money for us you dumb-azz suburbanites! the pigs only live about 2 years max before they are slaughtered so whats the difference? I understand in humane treatment but when you have a 1000+lbs cow that cant walk how in the hell are you supposed to get it to slaughter? my buddies use a bobcat and push it in to the slaughter house...is that so wrong? you want me to give it treats or cuddle it to slaughter? F that. obviously PETA thinks it is what we need to do

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    I farm also...grain only,but every time i see shit like this I have to laugh...F'ing PETA. wanna see something funny go to you tube and watch "meet your meat" i laughed histarically for the whole show poor little piggies blah, blah,blah! its food for you and money for us you dumb-azz suburbanites! the pigs only live about 2 years max before they are slaughtered so whats the difference? I understand in humane treatment but when you have a 1000+lbs cow that cant walk how in the hell are you supposed to get it to slaughter? my buddies use a bobcat and push it in to the slaughter house...is that so wrong? you want me to give it treats or cuddle it to slaughter? F that. obviously PETA thinks it is what we need to do

I hear ya I have anywhere from 4000-7000 head of cattle depending on the time of year an 2500acers of corn and beans

F-in peta has picketed are farm and slaughter houses they just don't get it thats just how it works. they only show the worst of the worst like hanging cattle and sliting there throught.... ive been in many slaughter houses and have never even heard of it.

I and most farmers use a bolt gun its a 4" X 1/2" steel rod that shoots through the back of there head and it kills them instantly what more do they want

I mean there are over 30mil cattle are slaughtered a year in the US alone if we just stoped what does peta plan on doing with all of them

+1
    they think that the cow is a range animal and should be one...they dont realize that the cow hasnt been in the wild since what? When humans started farming? Dumb azzes! they want to cuddle animals, treat them like indoor house pets ect. they rather have the cow, pig, chicken, whatever die of old age then we can collect the animal. shows how smart these people are. sadly these are the people that have never left the city and have never seen a farm but from kids books where a farm looks like the ol' mom and pop farms back in the 30's and 40's. They were never around this as a kid so for us this is a way of life and is normal.
    There was a discussion here about 3 or 4 months ago about vegans...you would have had fun with this clown. look it up.

I'll check that out.

I don't try to be mean but they just don't get thats how the world works

lol peta is doin a presentation at me school in 2 weeks i wish i could tape it for yall cause i'm going in there to do a little "inlightening"

+1
    they just dont realize how food gets to the table and when they find out they are so appuled they think that its mean...its not mean thats how food is produced

Dont argure with them because its your opinion against theirs... instead ask questions like " if we turned all the cows and pigs and chickens loose whould you allow hunting to thin the heards and flocks?" that will really get them confused and have no answer.
    ask, what would be an ethical way to slaughter cows and pigs and chickens?
    ask. when a farmer takes a cow that has broken a leg to slaughter how is he supposed to move a cow that weighs 1200lbs that is laying down by hand instead of a bobcat?

seriously watch meet your meat on you tube and take notes on questions to ask how to do them differently..its amazing how uneducated in farming and "the way things are done on the farm "these PETA city slickers are.

Be a Hero...Punch a Koala Kaotic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    after watching meet your meat i have to thank alec baldwin for making me go from hungry to starving. i wish i was at home to whip me up a Bacon double cheeseburger with some eggs on the side, and a big glass of chocolate milk.

+1
    HAHAHAHA! thats what I'm sayin'!

+1
    heres that ridiculous thread i was talking about...

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ght=vegetarian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information