Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

how to fish of a jet ski?

i have a few jet skis and am interested is fishing off of them. i have searched the net and have found a few rigs available but they are hundreds of dollars. i was just wondering if anyone has done this and had any tips? and if so did you make your own rig? i want to make one but i don't want to make it permanent or add holes to my skis to mount it. any ideas? thanks

I have seen a few rigs from pvc and some straps ,
    I don't know what kind of fishing you do? but I just do light fishing and have a dedicated Ski with tons of internal storage , a depth finder and 2 rod holders
    works for my needs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170054.JPG 
Views:	14567 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	121557  

that is a nice set up looks like you are fishing for trout and bass. probably the same with me i will mostly be fishing in lakes and the ca delta. i am not sure if i want to install permanent rod holders like that but they do look nice. i was thinking more making one of those rigs with a cooler and tackle box holder. my two skis don't have that much internal storage.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smartalec_87 View Post
    that is a nice set up looks like you are fishing for trout and bass. probably the same with me i will mostly be fishing in lakes and the ca delta. i am not sure if i want to install permanent rod holders like that but they do look nice. i was thinking more making one of those rigs with a cooler and tackle box holder. my two skis don't have that much internal storage.
    Hey Alec, I got a buddy that just got through building his own "rack". It's made out of pvc pipe and is strapped onto the back of his ski (no permanent hardware or other attachments). He also designed two rod holders that can installed/removed depending on where he is riding. It's a really neat DIY project, and I think he got it all at the local hardware for less than $100.00. What's really nice is the rack can also hold an ice chest and/or extra gas cans. I plan on building at least one if not two for my two RXTs. If you're interested in pix, PM me and I'll have them forwarded to you.

post the pic ??

Fishing

I did a bit of fishing off my fxho mostly in the surf for stripe bass. I mount a $39 -36 quart igloo cooler with rope from the stern eyelets through the cooler handle to the towing eyelet. Bolt a couple of rod holders to the cooler and your set. Storage and dry rods 50 bucks. I have mini bungee cords for the rods and cooler lid so you rock and roll to and from your spots. The key is getting the cooler rock solid then you can mod the $40 cooler not your ski. When I set it up agan i'll post some pics.

'da torpedo fisherman
    I use the skis mostly when fishing inshore. I have a livewell set up on both my RXT and FXHO.

My first attemp on action video of my ski fishing venture...hopefully in the next videos, the halibuts would cooperate...

Google Jetskisportfishing

Quote Originally Posted by Jikser View Post
    I use the skis mostly when fishing inshore. I have a livewell set up on both my RXT and FXHO.

My first attemp on action video of my ski fishing venture...hopefully in the next videos, the halibuts would cooperate...

Google Jetskisportfishing
    that was such an awesome vid man. its cool to see vids of people actually fishing off their jetski on the forum. it gives us college kids trapped in our dorm rooms something fun to see. i wont be able to go fishing again until summer

fishing fron a ski

Quote Originally Posted by smartalec_87 View Post
    i have a few jet skis and am interested is fishing off of them. i have searched the net and have found a few rigs available but they are hundreds of dollars. i was just wondering if anyone has done this and had any tips? and if so did you make your own rig? i want to make one but i don't want to make it permanent or add holes to my skis to mount it. any ideas? thanks
    search fishing from a ski or go into my profile and search my threads started and look at my rig. itworks great and goes on and off in seconds.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information