Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

seadoo xpl951 and want more speed

hi guy i have a seadoo xpl951 2001 im doing 67 68 mph and i want to get some morw speed out of it what can i do

+1
    Welcome to the GH forums.

You could start by providing more details on your ski so that the experts with your style ski can kick in some help.

FYI, If it's bone stock, then you are actually going closer to 57 to 58mph.

Best thing you can do, if not already done, is get a good GPS and a mounting bracket. 1st rule of thumb... factory speedo's are called DREAMO-METER.

the ski is an ex race ski form queensland aus so i dont really no what is done to it in the chop i get 68.3 and on flat water i get 67.1 just by looking at it its got a work intake grate, stainless still wear ring, umi bars, after market air filters and no oils injection

+1
    If those are GPS speeds that boat has been rather significantly modified already.

You can run XPLs that fast and some guys are into the 70s but they are at the ragged edge of what the hull/engine can do.

You could get it faster, but it will cost. How much is another MPH worth to you? Is it worth a rebuild? Is it worth a set of cases that are worth their weight in gold used (literally). When 951s fail at WOT they tend to do so in impressive fashion.

I hope you are running race fuel in that thing.

I am not trying to be a dream killer but you need to understand the consequences. There is a lot you can do to a machine but there is no set formula. Each component, hull, pump, cases, cylinder, sleeves, pistons, carbs, ect is slightly different. What works on one boat may not work on another. It is a process of trial and error.

The problem is, you have to be able to afford the errors, in cash, and in time wrenching.

If you can, then have at it and I wish you luck.

Just my .02

Have you read the stickey at the top of this forum ? :

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14242

Well all this is useless unless he knows exactly what is done to the ski. Stainless ring or Scat pump. PIPE? water injection? Carbs? Head after market or modified OEM? Ignition? Impeller? RidePlate? Sponsons?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    If those are GPS speeds that boat has been rather significantly modified already.

You can run XPLs that fast and some guys are into the 70s but they are at the ragged edge of what the hull/engine can do.

You could get it faster, but it will cost. How much is another MPH worth to you? Is it worth a rebuild? Is it worth a set of cases that are worth their weight in gold used (literally). When 951s fail at WOT they tend to do so in impressive fashion.

I hope you are running race fuel in that thing.

I am not trying to be a dream killer but you need to understand the consequences. There is a lot you can do to a machine but there is no set formula. Each component, hull, pump, cases, cylinder, sleeves, pistons, carbs, ect is slightly different. What works on one boat may not work on another. It is a process of trial and error.

The problem is, you have to be able to afford the errors, in cash, and in time wrenching.

If you can, then have at it and I wish you luck.

Just my .02
    You don't have to run RACE Gas in one if it's built right and tuned correctly. I have never run race gas thru mine.
    But it's true what works on one might not work on another. But some things are tryed and true.

thanks guys well the hull of the ski is like glass i just finished cleaning all the small nicks and scrashers and painted gloss 2pack black about 4weeks ago. the engine has only 10hours from a full rebuild it has 155psi in each pot has standed pipe and ive been told it got a mod done to it to get sum more rpm out of her the heads arnt after maket they look stock.its got water injection in the pipe near motor and in the rear pipe at the back of the ski its got Stainless wear ring. solas prop. its got a works intake grate standed rideplate and its got after market sponsons....

ohh and one more think its on pump gas all day everyday

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    155 is stock compression.

The injection at the back sounds like the water control valve in the water box (muffler). This sends water to the mid-pipe sprayer (the injection at the front of the engine). This is also stock, though they may have jetted the sprayer (wich helps with acceleration, to top speed).

You can definitely run pump gas all day long on a 951 with stock compression, stock pipe, and pretty much stock water injection.

The best stock XPLs I have ever heard of ran 62-63 with fumes in the fuel tank.

Stainless wear ring, Solas prop (Concord?), Worx grate=good stuff. But not normally good for 4-5mph gains.

Carbon fiber hull, perhaps?

lol wish i was a Carbon fiber hull. And all i now that its got a Solas prop whats Concord? i what to get it to the 70mph mark not to worryed about turning as it turn like its on rails. ive been looking at how to pich the prob but not to sure if ill get any more out of it. or can i mod the rear water box to flow abit more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information