Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ultra 250x StockClass offshore mods

Hello,

I recently bought a new 2008 UlTRA 250X. Planning to do some offshore long distance racing = lot of WOT driving in 1-4feet shop.
    I ride in pretty cold temperatures as I live in Sweden. The mods I am planning is the following:

6* timing mod
    TBM upper steering system
    RD Deep fuel pickup
    1 degree wedge ( Stock leagal? )
    BOV Mod

What rideplate, intake grate and sponsons do you suggest:
    RD Rideplate ore the Adjustable TBM plate?
    RD Intake grate or TBM?
    RD Sponson or TBM?

Is it worth for me to do the Intercooler mod when the temps I am riding in are between 50f water/50f air to 75f water/85f air?

What more mods do you recommend that are Stock Class Leagal?

Thank you

/ Roland

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ec1 View Post
    Hello,

I recently bought a new 2008 UlTRA 250X. Planning to do some offshore long distance racing = lot of WOT driving in 1-4feet shop.
    I ride in pretty cold temperatures as I live in Sweden. The mods I am planning is the following:

6* timing mod
    TBM upper steering system
    RD Deep fuel pickup
    1 degree wedge ( Stock leagal? )
    BOV Mod

What rideplate, intake grate and sponsons do you suggest:
    RD Rideplate ore the Adjustable TBM plate?
    RD Intake grate or TBM?
    RD Sponson or TBM?

Is it worth for me to do the Intercooler mod when the temps I am riding in are between 50f water/50f air to 75f water/85f air?

What more mods do you recommend that are Stock Class Leagal?

Thank you

/ Roland
    Hopefully Dubz1 will chime in. He should be able to help you out

Hello,
    I recently bought a new 2008 UlTRA 250X. Planning to do some offshore long distance racing = lot of WOT driving in 1-4feet shop. You’re a step ahead. Learn to ride WOT in ANY conditions. Assuming your working the throttle (not WOT when in the air). With this throttle control, stamina and "BALLS" you will do good in your class!
    6* timing mod---Should be good. HOWEVER!!! Check your sactioning rules! This "MIGHT" not be legal for stock racing! Check your rulebook.. AND ASK YOUR SANCTIONING BODY!
    TBM upper steering system---I have the upper and lower stearing. It’s a good system. I've got the taller, and shorter tubes. For my next race I’m going to try the shorter tubes as an experiment.
    RD Deep fuel pickup----This is a MUST HAVE MOD! Gets you a few more miles.
    1 degree wedge ( Stock leagal? )----Again. Check your rulebook. Also. Do some testing. If it’s a ROUGH day. 1* might get you in the air too much. If it’s a flat day. 1* will be good. Depends on the day. Typically I keep my 1* on all the time, no matter what the conditions.
    BOV Mod--Others will say block it off. Not sure if its stock legal. Rulebook once again! I don’t have a stock IC.
    What rideplate, intake grate and sponsons do you suggest: This is just my opinion. I'm no expert!
    RD Rideplate ore the Adjustable TBM plate? --I've found that my stock plate is VERY good! Its been honed down to sit below the hull, so no drag. Stock plate is a pretty good plate. Second would be the R&D plate! Also a pretty good plate. I've used it once, and I liked it. Never tried the TBM plate, so I cant comment on it. I had a friend do a race with it. He's going back to stock, or R&D plate. Not sure if it’s an "OFFSHORE" plate.
    RD Intake grate or TBM? I use R&D grate. My buddies use TBM grate. TBM is more adjustable, but more expensive as well. Adjustability is good though. R&D is NOT adjustable! But I like mine! Doesn’t seem to scrubb TOO much speed. And when its choppy… IT hooks up very good!
    RD Sponson or TBM?--I use stock, and R&D. I don’t notice much difference to be honest with you. If money is an issue. Stock will be just fine. But TBM also has a nice set. And adjustable as well. Personel prefrence at this point.
    Is it worth for me to do the Intercooler mod when the temps I am riding in are between 50f water/50f air to 75f water/85f air? Never really followed the results of this mod, as mentioned I have a different IC. Maybe WAZ, or JET250 can chime in. They race with this mod I think….Also others have done this mod….
    What more mods do you recommend that are Stock Class Leagal? Plate and grate combo for sure! Timing for sure (if legal). TBM Stearing is great,
    New finger throttle (tbm), LIFTER WEDGES #1 modification IMO! Hydroturf sells them. Non slip HYDROTURF seat as well! GPS. GPS holder, safety equipment (flares, mirror, etc. etc), BILGE PUMP, good BOOTS, BILGE PUMP, VHF radio…
    Check out
    www.pwcoffshore.com website. Read thru the different pages. Tons of good information. Pick up the 2007/2008 LB2CAT video. Get inspired…Then #1 rule IMO…Learn to ride YOUR craft to the best of ITS ability. Its no good if you have a 68 mph craft, but you only have the ability to ride 50mph on it.
    Check oil level often. Do oil changes often. Check plugs often. make sure bilge is properely maintained.

GOOD LUCK!

Thank you
    / Roland
    Excellent choice in craft for offshore racing. Even as a stock boat. You WILL compete. Just a few answeres from my experience. My disclaimer is I'm NOT an expert. Take these comments with a grain of salt. Do additional research. And your own testing will also be needed.

+1
    I knew he had the answers!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    who's this DUBZ guy, does anybody know if he can even ride a ski??????????
    ley me guess he rides a green ski too

PS +700

Yes Do the intercooler mod, any assistance in reducing the air temps are benificial

offshore riding is a lot of WOT riding so heat will build in the cooler ( do the twin bottom mod, out at the top )

Waz

Thank you for the help

Will go with the RD plate, sponsons and the TBM intake grate then.

We are racing under the IJSBA Stock rules. And its a bit unclear what is legal or not, do anyone of you know it the mentioned mods are legal (wedge, BOV block off, etc)?

What lifter wedges do you recommend saw that hydroturf sells different types?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Thank you for the help

Will go with the RD plate, sponsons and the TBM intake grate then.

We are racing under the IJSBA Stock rules. And its a bit unclear what is legal or not, do anyone of you know it the mentioned mods are legal (wedge, BOV block off, etc)?

What lifter wedges do you recommend saw that hydroturf sells different types?
    I got hydro-turf ones
    Yes wedge is legal
    many ways to inturperut the rule book's, thats half the fun

Waz

+1
    bov blocked is not legal, but you can put a small shim under the bov and be sneaky sneaky, best to get the r&d adjustment kit if you wish to race clean then you can check it regularly. see skips site for the method.

ic mod is a must for long wot, I would think even in the icy land of blonde babes you would benefit from it on long runs, we found after racing you can put your hand on the ic and its warm to touch not real hot like before.

get long wedges you can always cut short if you no like.

I use the full r&d package as they state the parts complment each other when put togther and I would agree, I loos little to no speed on a high speed turn and stay hooked up heaps better than other modded ultra's.

What about airfilters is there any benefits to by these? Witch is better Riva ore RD?

Are you shore the 1deg wedge is legal?

Regarding the TBM steering system what is recommended for a 175cm driver CC ore Offshore tubes? They are quite pricy so I don't want to buy unnecessary products...

Again thanks for the help

What about this one? Is it "mandatory" to install?

Product 22/32

larger image

Ultra 250 Surge and Blowoff Valve Air Filter Kit

$66.05

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information